BIND and Windows DNS Server

We currently are using Active Directory and our Domain Controllers are the DNS servers. I am trying to figure out how to use a couple SLES 11sp3 servers running bind to act as the DNS servers for our wireless network. I don’t want to have the Clearpass server (wireless) access our internal DNS server (Microsoft) but would rather use the SLES bind server which would get it’s information from the Windows DNS servers. I guess would I just add the Windows Servers as forwarders within SLES bind?

Excuse the ignorance on my part but I have alot to learn when it comes to bind. :confused:

Hi D8TA,

[QUOTE=D8TA;23539]We currently are using Active Directory and our Domain Controllers are the DNS servers. I am trying to figure out how to use a couple SLES 11sp3 servers running bind to act as the DNS servers for our wireless network. I don’t want to have the Clearpass server (wireless) access our internal DNS server (Microsoft) but would rather use the SLES bind server which would get it’s information from the Windows DNS servers. I guess would I just add the Windows Servers as forwarders within SLES bind?

Excuse the ignorance on my part but I have alot to learn when it comes to bind. :confused:[/QUOTE]

if you’d like to use the SLES “named” as “proxies”, you’d not only add the “upstream servers” (-> your MS Windows DNS server) as “forwarders” within named’s configuration, but also set “forward only;”.

Regards,
Jens