binutils-devel no new version is available in the LTSS repo

Hello experts,
We have some issue with binutils-devel on SLES 12 SP1 and SLES 12 SP 2.
The package depends on same version of binutils
Unfortunately the binutils have to be updated as part of the security updates.
The latest version (2.31-9.26.1) of binutils provided by ltss-repository (sles12-sp1-ltss-updates), but binutils-devel latest version is 2.26.1-9.12.1 (from sles12-sp1-updates repository)
Please suggest how to use binutils-devel in current configuration.

Thank you in advance,
Ron.

[QUOTE=ron_a;58174]Hello experts,
We have some issue with binutils-devel on SLES 12 SP1 and SLES 12 SP 2.
The package depends on same version of binutils
Unfortunately the binutils have to be updated as part of the security updates.
The latest version (2.31-9.26.1) of binutils provided by ltss-repository (sles12-sp1-ltss-updates), but binutils-devel latest version is 2.26.1-9.12.1 (from sles12-sp1-updates repository)
Please suggest how to use binutils-devel in current configuration.

Thank you in advance,
Ron.[/QUOTE]
Hi and welcome to the Forum :slight_smile:
Are you in a position to raise a Service Request? I don’t seem to see an update on patch finder (No ltss subscription), can you check? https://download.suse.com/patch/finder/

[QUOTE=malcolmlewis;58177]Hi and welcome to the Forum :slight_smile:
Are you in a position to raise a Service Request? I don’t seem to see an update on patch finder (No ltss subscription), can you check? https://download.suse.com/patch/finder/[/QUOTE]

Hello malcolmlewis.
Thank you for welcome
I haven’t seen any patch with binutils-devel, only binutils (binutils-2.31-9.26.1.x86_64.rpm) was released with the patch on 17 Oct 2018 - binutils 2297.
About the Service Request - yes, I think I can place one in the system (as SAP representative), but don’t know what the chance that new patch will be provided.

Best regards.
Ron.

[QUOTE=ron_a;58183]Hello malcolmlewis.
Thank you for welcome
I haven’t seen any patch with binutils-devel, only binutils (binutils-2.31-9.26.1.x86_64.rpm) was released with the patch on 17 Oct 2018 - binutils 2297.
About the Service Request - yes, I think I can place one in the system (as SAP representative), but don’t know what the chance that new patch will be provided.

Best regards.
Ron.[/QUOTE]
Hi
If you could raise one, I think that would be the best option. Can you also post back here the SR number for reference.

Hi Ron

binutils-devel-2.31-9.26.1.x86_64.rpm is released for SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12 SP3.
https://download.suse.com/Download?buildid=WqZLmeOzcyo~
I think you should be able to use that one.

Best regards
Andreas

Thank you ataschner.
Yes, I know that a new version is available for SLES 12.3 and 12.4. We are talking about a dozen of servers which should be updated automatically. We do not share repositories of next service packs with machines with an older distribution.

Hey. These problems are solved by support. It will be better if you refer to them.