Cannot login as root at the console, login incorrect

Hello! I am facing the issue of login after SuSe SLES12 SP2 installation is complete,
During the installation process, I created the credentials for the root that isn’t putting me through at login, each time I try this comes up: login incorrect.
Please, is there someone with the procedure to fix this?
Thanks in advance.

[QUOTE=skatunda;59202]Hello! I am facing the issue of login after SuSe SLES12 SP2 installation is complete,
During the installation process, I created the credentials for the root that isn’t putting me through at login, each time I try this comes up: login incorrect.
Please, is there someone with the procedure to fix this?
Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]
Hi and welcome to the Forum :slight_smile:
Is this physical keyboard, or remote access? Have you checked the usual culprits, caps lock, num lock on or off? If local/physical, can your try remote access?

[QUOTE=malcolmlewis;59203]Hi and welcome to the Forum :slight_smile:
Is this physical keyboard, or remote access? Have you checked the usual culprits, caps lock, num lock on or off? If local/physical, can your try remote access?[/QUOTE]

Hello Malcolmlewis,
Thx for the tips but my keyboard is set to English and I may have a password combination of characters as it is required during the installation,
The same password created is the one used time of local login and the error message is still persistant…plz tell if there is another way of solving this. Thanks

[QUOTE=skatunda;59367]Hello Malcolmlewis,
Thx for the tips but my keyboard is set to English and I may have a password combination of characters as it is required during the installation,
The same password created is the one used time of local login and the error message is still persistant…plz tell if there is another way of solving this. Thanks[/QUOTE]
Hi
Have you tried resetting it?
https://www.suse.com/support/kb/doc/?id=3003803