Cannot remove SUSE repos from system

Hello SLES experts.
It appears that SLES 12 now has a service “SUSE_Linux_Enterprise_service” this appears to repopulate the Default REPOS for SLES 12 every time I open yast update.
We locally have a licensed mirror in my company and I am trying to point zypper to use only the local repos.
I remove the SUSE ones with zypper rr reponame and I get message back that this service will upon refresh restore these repos.

Any way to prevent this from happening?

Regards,
Bryan Kelley

Hi Bryan,

[QUOTE=o10222;29817]Hello SLES experts.
It appears that SLES 12 now has a service “SUSE_Linux_Enterprise_service” this appears to repopulate the Default REPOS for SLES 12 every time I open yast update.
We locally have a licensed mirror in my company and I am trying to point zypper to use only the local repos.
I remove the SUSE ones with zypper rr reponame and I get message back that this service will upon refresh restore these repos.

Any way to prevent this from happening?[/QUOTE]

you didn’t say so explicitly, but I assume your “licensed mirror” is not an SMT server? You might want to look into setting that up instead, since it will nicely integrate with the registration scheme.

Regards,
Jens

PS: I never heard of someone running a “licensed mirror” for SLES… I’d be interested in hearing what type of license that is :slight_smile:

Hi,

recently I had to remove the online registration of an SLES 12 at the SCC. Because I setup an SMT and want to use that one;)
Anyway it was not enough to delete the services with zypper sd X.
I Also had to

• Remove /etc/SUSEConnect
  • Remove files in /etc/zypp/credentials.d
  • Remove files in /etc/zypp/services.d

After that I could re-register the sles12 box. Hope that helps,

Cheers,
Pascal