Custom Error Backend for default nginx-ingress

How could I overwrite the default system image used as ingress default backend in rancher 2.0.x?

Long Story Short: I want to replace the “default backend - 404” error page… Since Rancher 2.0.x used the ingress default backend 1.4 image… it’s impossible to inject a custom error page inside that image, instead I would like to use the default ingress custom error image( quay.io/kubernetes-ingress-controller/custom-error-pages-amd64:0.3 ) which would enable me to mount a configmap to fill the /www folder inside that container…

I don’t really like the Idea of disable the default ingress to deploy a custom one just for that need… it’s sound a little overkill at my point of view just for changing the error page…

With rke modifying system_images directive (ingress_backend) would do the job but how should I process in rancher 2.0 to remain compatible with cluster upgrade?

Did using the custom error image by default as been considered by the rancher team? (just asking…)

Thanks in advance

2 Likes

+1

Being able to provide custom error responses with the default controller is almost a must.

Has anyone found a solution for deploying custom default backend when using rke?