Evolution 3.10.4 bug with tls and port 995

I am using SLED 12.1. Evolution 3.10.4 will not permit me to use TLS encryption with the 995 port. Every time I save the 995 port with TLS encryption which is required to access my pop account, the port number reverts back to 110. Any suggestions? Can I manually over ride in the configuration file?

wkuschel357,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your
posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

These forums are peer-to-peer, best effort, volunteer run and that if your issue
is urgent or not getting a response, you might try one of the following options:

Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of responses:
http://forums.suse.com/faq.php

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting or otherwise posted in error, please
ignore and accept our apologies and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand
to our posting bot…

Good luck!

Your SUSE Forums Team
http://forums.suse.com

[COLOR="#800000"]
i am still using SLED11SP4 with evolution 2.28.2
this tip helped me in the past. not sure about your case since you are using a newer version.

i found this solution from this website a few years ago:

[I]Setting the SMTP port number in Evolution

Some mail servers require you to connect on a certain port. Evolution (the default mail client for the gnome desktop environment) doesn’t have a setting for the server port number. You can set this by adding :[port_no] to the end of the server address.

For example, to use the mail server mail.example.com on port 587, set the server path as mail.example.com:587[/I]

hope this helps…
[/COLOR]

Set Port:=995
Set “encryption method”:=“SSL dedicated port”
That’s it!

[QUOTE=AndreasMeyer;34396]Set Port:=995
Set “encryption method”:=“SSL dedicated port”
That’s it![/QUOTE]

The reason I am trying to use TLS 1.1 or 1.2, since SSL is not secure due to the poodle vulnerability. I was able to get it to download. I am using a POP server with ports 995 for in coming and 465 port for smtp out going mail. Thank you for your help.

I use ews (Exchange) and had some trouble too. In my case there has been a DNS failure. The failure was: “No TLS handshake possible”