Evolution Error: Connection reset by peer

Hi all,
out of the blue my evolution e-mail app tells me that it cannot connect to the server since the connection was reset by the peer and so it could not expunge or update folders etc.
I have no idea where this came from but have googled around for a bit to no avail.
Any ideas what to do?
I even wanted to switch to Thunderbird but then found that it is not in the repos for SLED 11. Is that true?
The rest is fully up to date, I have a subscription until 2017.
The only thing I can image which has recently changed was that I upgraded the bios on my HP 635 Laptop from version 24 to 48. But I cannot see any connection between the update and the problems of evolution.
SLED11 is running 2.28.2.
Can you help me out?
Thanks and BR
Nadine

[QUOTE=jinggles1;24718]Hi all,
out of the blue my evolution e-mail app tells me that it cannot connect to the server since the connection was reset by the peer and so it could not expunge or update folders etc.
I have no idea where this came from but have googled around for a bit to no avail.
Any ideas what to do?
[/QUOTE]
Have you asked whoever runs the server if there are any known issues with it or if they have changed something recently?

It’s true that Thunderbird is not in the SLED repos. You can download the .tar.gz (or .tbz or whatever co,pressed format it is) from Mozilla, unpack it and run it.

Hi Mike,

thanks for the reply.
I believe nothing has been changed on the server side since with Thunderbird on another machine everything keeps working normally.

How do I run an unpacked archive?

Is there a graphical tool to do that? I am quite reluctant with the console.

BR
Nadine

Hi Mike,

the problem is solved. I deleted the accounts and re-added them. Since they are all IMAP, no loss of data!

BR
Nadine