Failed to cache repo

Hi everyone. I’m trying to updame my SLES 11 SP3 for VMware and I’m getting the error in the title. Can anyone from SLES team correct this?
Here are a few more details:
[I]
Building repository ‘SLES11-SP3-VMware-Pool’ cache [done]
Error building the cache:
[|] Failed to cache repo (4).
History:

• ‘repo2solv.sh’ ‘-o’ ‘/var/cache/zypp/solv/nu_novell_com:SLES11-SP3-VMware-Pool/solv’ ‘/var/cache/zypp/raw/nu_novell_com:SLES11-SP3-VMware-Pool’
    error, the repository specifies extra information about package with checksum ‘86fe64c48f8a2e6e50e0136b0e0284888933f795054453e9bcd3618d298362ad’, which does not exist in the repository.
    [/I]

Skipping repository ‘SLES11-SP3-VMware-Pool’ because of the above error.
Thanks,

Hi aldemir_a,

Can anyone from SLES team correct this?

while this is a “user to user” forum and I’m not from SUSE/Novell, I have asked someone from the company to look into this. Once I receive feedback, I’ll let you know.

Have you checked that it’s not a problem of missing disk space on the server?

Please let me know if you notice the problem “just went away” or you found a solution on your behalf.

With regards,
Jens

Any time I see a problem related to updating repos I always clean out everything from the cache

$ zypper clean -a

Sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesn’t, it does of course depend on the nature of the problem, but it’s very quick and easy to try and won’t make things worse.

Thanks everyone, I’m having this problem on all of my servers. So I’m 99% sure that this is a SuSe problem.

Hi aldemir_a

Jens & Mike had asked me to look into this problem, and I talked to the responsible SUSE folks .

This data was re-generated on November 4, did you run into this problem before or after ?
Did you do a full refetch / refresh of the repository data before updating ?

Also, can you please send me an email directly please ?
Please address that to “hvdheuvel at novell dot com”

(I have some questions and would also like to discuss obtaining a supportconfig from you for some verification with the SUSE release folks)