GraphicMagick 1.3.19 best compile options

I’m trying to get the following setup working

On SUSE 11 SP3 x64- Compiled Apache 2.4.7, Compiled PHP 5.5.9 , Compiled GraphicsMagick 1.3.19 using the gcc -m64 compiler option.

All compiled successfully and they all work just fine. The problem is the pecl gmagick-1.1.x - I can’t seem to get it to work - I’ve tried different versions with the same results. I keep getting this php error: from php -i
gmagick
php: symbol lookup error: /usr/local/lib/php/20121212/gmagick.so: undefined symbol: MagickGetVersion

I compiled GraphicMagick with these options=>

CC=“gcc -m64 -fPIC” ./configure --enable-shared --enable-symbol-prefix --without-perl --disable-openmp

Are there other options for SUSE I should be using?
Not sure why the pecl just won’t work.

Anyone have any ideas ? Thanks

Hi
Have a look here for the compile options used for openSUSE;
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/openSUSE:13.1/GraphicsMagick/GraphicsMagick.spec?expand=1

You could use the Open Build Service to copy/link and build for SLE
targets?

Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (x86_64) GNOME 3.10.1 Kernel 3.11.10-7-desktop
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below… Thanks!

Unfortunately the link you provided doesn’t allow me to download the GraphicsMagick-1.3.18.tar.bz2. I’m not sure it would work as SLES 11 sp3 is kernel 3.0.101 - difference from 3.11.10-7 on opensuse.

On another attempt to get the pecl working I downloaded the gmagick pecl source and tried to compile it. I was able to, but when I ran the make test they all failed. Not one test was successful. I sent the results to php.net maybe there is a bug.

Any idea when SUSE 12 is due out ? Maybe there will be a upto date version of GraphicsMagick available.

Thanks

[QUOTE=cisaksen;21030]Unfortunately the link you provided doesn’t allow me to download the GraphicsMagick-1.3.18.tar.bz2. I’m not sure it would work as SLES 11 sp3 is kernel 3.0.101 - difference from 3.11.10-7 on opensuse.

On another attempt to get the pecl working I downloaded the gmagick pecl source and tried to compile it. I was able to, but when I ran the make test they all failed. Not one test was successful. I sent the results to php.net maybe there is a bug.

Any idea when SUSE 12 is due out ? Maybe there will be a upto date version of GraphicsMagick available.

Thanks[/QUOTE]
Hi
Look here: https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?project=graphics&package=GraphicsMagick

If you ask the Maintainers (click the user link at the top) and ask if they can enable SLE 11 SP3 to build, else grab the src rpm and rebuild that?

If you look at the section %build in the spec file following, it shows what compile time options are used;
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/graphics/GraphicsMagick/GraphicsMagick.spec?expand=1

Else if you have a free OBS account you can branch and build.

Thanks for your help but I was able to get it working.

GraphicsMagick compile => CC=“gcc -m64 -fPIC” ./configure --enable-shared

gmagick compile => CC=“gcc -m64” ./configure

I ended up rebooting the server to clear the system with so many compiles that it was just dirty. After the reboot the make test complete with only 12 errors out of 148. It’s loading just fine now.

Had to play with some different compile options to get the right one.

Thanks again.

[QUOTE=cisaksen;21033]Thanks for your help but I was able to get it working.

GraphicsMagick compile => CC=“gcc -m64 -fPIC” ./configure --enable-shared

gmagick compile => CC=“gcc -m64” ./configure

I ended up rebooting the server to clear the system with so many compiles that it was just dirty. After the reboot the make test complete with only 12 errors out of 148. It’s loading just fine now.

Had to play with some different compile options to get the right one.

Thanks again.[/QUOTE]
Hi
No problem, you might want to check out the patches and changelog to see if those are important fixes as well.