Hosts Disconnected After SSL Certificate Renewal

Hello,

We use rancher/server:v1.6.18 with an nginx container terminating the SSL handshake. When we update nginx with a new SSL certificate (old one is expiring) and restart the nginx container, we can access the Rancher server via web browser and confirm the new SSL certificate is in place.

However, all of our Hosts immediately disconnect and never reconnect. Reverting the SSL certificate in the nginx container with a subsequent restart of the nginx container restores all of the Host connections.

Must some other configuration be done to use a new SSL certificate, which will allow the Hosts to reconnect with the Rancher server?

Please let me know if you need more details. Thank you for the help.

I’m also having the same issue on a legacy system that I’m working with. It seems they’ve used a self-signed certificate, and unfortunately there is not much information on how it was handled on the pass, I’ve tried to handle it with let’s encrypt.

Have you been able to resolve this issue?

I was able to resolve the issue by using a certificate authority (paid solution) to validate a self-signed SSL Certificate, on my case the certificate expired and I tried to use Let’ Encrypt and it did not work as expected. As an alternative I was able to implement a fresh installation with Cloudflare SSL certificate.