How can I do the configurations?

I have workstation running Linux seus enterprise and I want to link it to Network-attached storage (NAS) using the ethernet port on the motherborad ( I want to connect NAS and the computer directly via ethernet cable). I have the MAC address and the static IP address for NAS . How can I do the configurations via a command line? Or GUI. I am new user of seus, so thank you for any help!!

Hi
Not sure what you mean, the NAS is on the network, if so assuming it’s visible via network browsing? Or do you want to connect direct with one cable between the NAS and the computer, something like iSCSI?

If it’s just a samba/smb/cifs share, I would use something like the following to test;

mount -t cifs -o users,rw,uid=username,gid=users,sec=ntlm,username=username,password="password" "//<your_nas_ip>/<share>" <some/mount/point>

If the above works, then can look at making it more secure with a sectrets type file for user/password. You may need to tweak the sec= as well…

[QUOTE=malcolmlewis;32483]Hi
Not sure what you mean, the NAS is on the network, if so assuming it’s visible via network browsing? Or do you want to connect direct with one cable between the NAS and the computer, something like iSCSI?

If it’s just a samba/smb/cifs share, I would use something like the following to test;

mount -t cifs -o users,rw,uid=username,gid=users,sec=ntlm,username=username,password="password" "//<your_nas_ip>/<share>" <some/mount/point>

If the above works, then can look at making it more secure with a sectrets type file for user/password. You may need to tweak the sec= as well…[/QUOTE]

Hi malcolmlewis,
I highly appreciate your help!!
I connected NAS with computer using the ethernet cable. So no connection is available between the internet and NAS. I want to access NAS via the browser so when I inter NAS’s IP address in the browser. Seus is unable to see it. How can I add NAS to seus to be able to see it. In other words how can I do the configurations for NAS in Seus?

Hi
OK, assuming the NAS default ip address is 192.168.1.226, on the workstation using the NeworkManager applet create a profile called say NAS_1 and in the ipv4 section set the drop down to manual and enter the same subnet ip address eg, 192.168.1.10/255.255.255.0 and hit save, turn off the DNS and routes buttons.

Plug in the cable to the ethernet ports, open your browser and put in the ip address and port if necessary, eg http://192.168.1.226:8080.