how to access old SLES 10 SDK ISOs

Hi All,
I suspect the old SLES 10 SDK ISOs are still in the novell
download site. The issue is getting a link that points to them. The
search method does not find them anymore. Similarly for early SLES 10
and SLED 10 the search method fails but I have direct links to them that
still exist in other places on the Novell website. I only want these
early versions to test upgrade methods from early SLES 10 SP levels to
the latest. I would have kept copies if I knew they were going to be
hidden from plain view.

In particular I am after the SDK for SLES 10 and SLES10 SP1 (Intel/AMD
32bit and 64bit.) I was hoping there might be a direct link in some of
the old forum entries but the history in these forums is not very old
either.

Cheers,

Greg


leh015

leh015’s Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=18477
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=447837

On 07/11/2011 07:46, leh015 wrote:
[color=blue]

I suspect the old SLES 10 SDK ISOs are still in the novell
download site. The issue is getting a link that points to them. The
search method does not find them anymore. Similarly for early SLES 10
and SLED 10 the search method fails but I have direct links to them that
still exist in other places on the Novell website. I only want these
early versions to test upgrade methods from early SLES 10 SP levels to
the latest. I would have kept copies if I knew they were going to be
hidden from plain view.

In particular I am after the SDK for SLES 10 and SLES10 SP1 (Intel/AMD
32bit and 64bit.) I was hoping there might be a direct link in some of
the old forum entries but the history in these forums is not very old
either.[/color]

It’s a shame you didn’t want the SDK for SLE10 SP2 or later as I’ve
found old links to those listed @
http://wiki.novell.com/index.php/SUSE_Linux_Enterprise_Server

I suspect you may be right about SLE10 SP1 SDK still being on
download.novell.com so I’ve asked my contacts at Novell.

HTH.

Simon
Novell Knowledge Partner (NKP)


Do you work with Novell technologies at a university, college or school?
If so, your campus could benefit from joining the Novell Technology
Transfer Partner (TTP) program. See novell.com/ttp for more details.

On 07/11/2011 11:26, Simon Flood wrote:
[color=blue]

I suspect you may be right about SLE10 SP1 SDK still being on
download.novell.com so I’ve asked my contacts at Novell.[/color]

It seems the files are no longer available via download.novell.com but
my contact has found and uploaded the ISOs of SDK for 32- and 64-bit
SLES10 SP1 to ftp://ftp.novell.com/outgoing/

64aaf9f10a6c4924650d606fc0c83a06 SLE-10-SP1-SDK-DVD-i386-GM-DVD1.iso
564132a3db2db2dd1c549e23fd63f247 SLE-10-SP1-SDK-DVD-x86_64-GM-DVD1.iso

Note that you can’t browse ftp.novell.com/outgoing/ so have to download
the files “blind”.

I’ll let you know about the availability of SDK files for SLES10 (SP0).

HTH.

Simon
Novell Knowledge Partner (NKP)


Do you work with Novell technologies at a university, college or school?
If so, your campus could benefit from joining the Novell Technology
Transfer Partner (TTP) program. See novell.com/ttp for more details.

On 08/11/2011 10:58, Simon Flood wrote:
[color=blue]

I’ll let you know about the availability of SDK files for SLES10 (SP0).[/color]

Unfortunately my contact hasn’t got access to the SDK files for SLES10
(SP0).

Simon
Novell Knowledge Partner (NKP)


Do you work with Novell technologies at a university, college or school?
If so, your campus could benefit from joining the Novell Technology
Transfer Partner (TTP) program. See novell.com/ttp for more details.

On 08/11/2011 15:49, Simon Flood wrote:
[color=blue]

Unfortunately my contact hasn’t got access to the SDK files for SLES10
(SP0).[/color]

Thanks to post in another forum I’ve now found the SLE10 SDK online @
http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=M3FpkouWN1M~

HTH.

Simon
Novell Knowledge Partner (NKP)


Do you work with Novell technologies at a university, college or school?
If so, your campus could benefit from joining the Novell Technology
Transfer Partner (TTP) program. See novell.com/ttp for more details.

Simon,

I cannot access these ISO files for download from the ‘ftp://ftp.novell.com/outgoing/’ location. Can you add them again?

Thank you,

Justin Coulter

Hi
They are here for SLE 10?
http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=M3FpkouWN1M~

Or is there a specific service pack version?


Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 12.2 (x86_64) Kernel 3.4.11-2.16-desktop
up 3:01, 3 users, load average: 0.13, 0.14, 0.10
CPU Intel i5 CPU M520@2.40GHz | Intel Arrandale GPU

Malcolm,

Yes, I was referring to the SLES 10 SP1 SDK ISO images that Simon placed in the ‘ftp.novell.com/outgoing’ directory. They no longer exist. Can you add them to this directory?

Thank you,

Justin

Hi
It’s here;
http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=ubXOUwNOp9s~&ref=suse

Based on a link from this page;
https://www.suse.com/download-linux/source-code.html
worth bookmarking :wink:


Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 12.2 (x86_64) Kernel 3.4.11-2.16-desktop
up 1 day 1:23, 5 users, load average: 0.36, 0.27, 0.16
CPU Intel i5 CPU M520@2.40GHz | Intel Arrandale GPU

Argh, that was the src rpms :frowning:
Will track down the link.


Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 12.2 (x86_64) Kernel 3.4.11-2.16-desktop
up 1 day 1:28, 5 users, load average: 1.07, 0.43, 0.23
CPU Intel i5 CPU M520@2.40GHz | Intel Arrandale GPU

Hi
Here you go;

ftp://ftp.novell.com/outgoing/SLE-10-SP1-SDK-DVD-i386-GM-DVD1.iso
ftp://ftp.novell.com/outgoing/SLE-10-SP1-SDK-DVD-x86_64-GM-DVD1.iso

md5sum :
64aaf9f10a6c4924650d606fc0c83a06 SLE-10-SP1-SDK-DVD-i386-GM-DVD1.iso
564132a3db2db2dd1c549e23fd63f247 SLE-10-SP1-SDK-DVD-x86_64-GM-DVD1.iso


Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 12.2 (x86_64) Kernel 3.4.11-2.16-desktop
up 2 days 15:22, 5 users, load average: 0.14, 0.13, 0.10
CPU Intel i5 CPU M520@2.40GHz | Intel Arrandale GPU