How to determine the package source for a library ?

Hello
I would like to know how to determine the package which brings a given library ?
For example, in /lib/firmware, I have a “netronome” folder with some libraries inside (nic, flower…), what package installation brings that ? (I think this is from kernel but which one ? kernel-default ? kernel-azure ? etc…)
My development team wants to reduce the size of lib directory, but before they erase various libs, I prefer to establish a list of packages impacted.

@Frederic Hi, in future can you post in the relevant sub forum for the product your using :wink:
I’m assuming SLES, which release? Firmware at present is in kernel-firmware package, going forward these libraries have been split out so you can pick/choose :wink:
Fire up YaST software management and can see the file list in the ‘files’ tab.

Thanks @malcolmlewis
I didn’t know that OS release would be important in such a case since I thought that this kind of command was the same regardless of suse release.
I was searching for a command line because I didn’t see the little “provides” in Yast search options :wink:

@Frederic the provides should work with zypper?

zypper se --provides /lib/firmware/iwlwifi-3160-10.ucode
Refreshing service ...
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...

S | Name            | Summary                     | Type
--+-----------------+-----------------------------+--------
i | kernel-firmware | Linux kernel firmware files | package

zypper se --provides iwlwifi-3160-10.ucode
Refreshing service ...
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...

S | Name            | Summary                     | Type
--+-----------------+-----------------------------+--------
i | kernel-firmware | Linux kernel firmware files | package

Yes it works @malcolmlewis , I just didn’t see that we can target a specified lib.