How To Set Default Gateway Using Kickstart File

Hi,

I am new to the SUSE as well as KICKSTART installation of SLES.

Want to know how to set DEFAULT GATEWAY using KICKSTART file of SUSE.

PS:- Able to set gateway for a particular interface in the network configuration file(i.e /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-eth*) using kickstart file.

Thanks

Hi piyush7787,

[QUOTE=piyush7787;28144]Hi,

I am new to the SUSE as well as KICKSTART installation of SLES.

Want to know how to set DEFAULT GATEWAY using KICKSTART file of SUSE.

PS:- Able to set gateway for a particular interface in the network configuration file(i.e /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-eth*) using kickstart file.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

is this really “kickstart”, the typical auto-installation method on SLES is “autoyast”. If you’re not using that, I do recommend to look into switching to using the latter.

Regards,
Jens

Hi jmozdzen,

[QUOTE=jmozdzen;28147]Hi piyush7787,

is this really “kickstart”, the typical auto-installation method on SLES is “autoyast”. If you’re not using that, I do recommend to look into switching to using the latter.

Regards,
Jens[/QUOTE]

Pardon Me…!! yes it is “autoyast” which we are using. So want to know how to achieve same via autoyast.

Thanks,
Piyush7787

[QUOTE=piyush7787;28168]Hi jmozdzen,

Pardon Me…!! yes it is “autoyast” which we are using. So want to know how to achieve same via autoyast.

Thanks,
Piyush7787[/QUOTE]

https://www.suse.com/documentation/sles11/singlehtml/book_autoyast/book_autoyast.html#CreateProfile.Network

Thomas

[QUOTE=piyush7787;28168]Hi jmozdzen,

Thanks,
Piyush7787[/QUOTE]

Hi Piyush7787,

add the following to your element:

[...]<routing> <ip_forward config:type="boolean">false</ip_forward> <routes config:type="list"> <route> <destination>default</destination> <device>-</device> <gateway>10.11.12.1</gateway> <netmask>-</netmask> </route> </routes> </routing> </networking>
Of course, you’ll need to adjust to your specifics…

Regards,
Jens

Thanks a lot “Jens” and “Thomas”…!! It worked…!!