idea for an enhancement

Hi *,

this year’s SUSECon (a first to me) was great - lots of content, lots of ideas, many very interesting folks to meet, in an awesome location.

The downside of having so many interesting persons around was on one hand a specific lack of time (could we make that an all month event? :cool: ), and some common channel to solicit one-on-one meetings. I had a really hard time locating the persons I needed to speak to, because of course everyone (including me) was either at an own booth, somebody else’s booth, in session or in between.

I’d really like to see an enhancement to the SUSECon app, allowing me to send “meeting requests” to the speakers / partner representatives / persons I know by name, and to receive such invitations and add them to my schedule.

Of course, having a live chat feature would have been great, too, but maybe that’s asking for too much :wink:

Regards,
Jens

Might not be too hard to integrate with Twitter or something, since they
have APIs most folks likely have a Twitter account, or could easily. The
result is that from a course, or a list of presenters/speakers, you could
send a tweet asking a question, requesting some time, etc. Maybe also
have the app provide easier access to send e-mails, since everybody should
have those. Once nice thing about the Twitter option is it would build
attention for SUSECon where e-mails would not.

Good luck.

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below…

Hi ab,

most folks likely have a Twitter account, or could easily

I’d be more fond of a built-in solution, that does not require registering with an external service.

Once nice thing about the Twitter option is it would build
attention for SUSECon where e-mails would not.

That’s the only pro side I can see, and it wouldn’t be enough to convince me to get an account with whatsoever third-party service :wink:

I’d rather see something like an SUSECon jabber service integrated into the app.

For multi-presenter sessions / key notes, your idea of sending questions live without having to actually interrupt by speaking up, and the presenters deciding when to answer what questions, sounds appealing!

Regards,
Jens

Thanks. Your request has been passed along to the SUSECon team.

It’s a great idea, and one that we’re seriously looking at for next year. We’re slightly limited by the functionality of the app that we currently have, so investigating options to upgrade it for next year - hopefully to include this kind of functionality!

Thanks for the feedback. Keep those suggestions coming!
Kent