- use an environment based on k8s from Rancher
- deploy an app in k8s, that excercises most k8s functions (load balancing, replication, etc.)
- app works fine, then Rancher goes down (1)
(1) “Rancher goes down” can mean many things… just the rancher server container dies, the agent, or all rancher-specific containers die
- will the app continue to run?
- can k8s continue to be manageable via kubectl independently of rancher being available?
- if rancher server (or whatever died) gets restarted, will it be able to continue managing k8s just as before rancher died?