Issue with "zypper install stunnel"

When I try to install the stunnel into the SUSE linux, I got the below response information:

[CODE]bash-4.4# zypper install -l -y stunnel
Loading repository data…
Reading installed packages…
Resolving package dependencies…

Problem: nothing provides group(nogroup) needed by stunnel-5.49-37.14.x86_64
Solution 1: do not install stunnel-5.49-37.14.x86_64
Solution 2: break stunnel-5.49-37.14.x86_64 by ignoring some of its dependencies

Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/c] (c): c[/CODE]

anyone can tell me the problem “nothing provides group(nogroup)” means exactly what? how to fix?
I have tried to add nogroup by command “groupadd nogroup”, seems not help.

thanks.

Hi and welcome to the forum!

What release are you using? That error message usually points to inconsistent repository configuration. Can you share more information?

cat /etc/os-release zypper lr -d zypper se -s stunnel

[QUOTE=eblock;58362]Hi and welcome to the forum!

What release are you using? That error message usually points to inconsistent repository configuration. Can you share more information?

cat /etc/os-release zypper lr -d zypper se -s stunnel[/QUOTE]

Hi, thanks, below are the output.

bash-4.4# cat /etc/os-release
NAME=“SLES”
VERSION=“15”
VERSION_ID=“15”
PRETTY_NAME=“SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15”
ID=“sles”
ID_LIKE=“suse”
ANSI_COLOR=“0;32”
CPE_NAME=“cpe:/o:suse:sles:15”
bash-4.4# zypper lr -d
Repository priorities are without effect. All enabled repositories share the same priority.

| Alias | Name | Enabled | GPG Check | Refresh | Priority | Type | URI | Service

–±------------------±------------------------------------------±--------±----------±--------±---------±-------±----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------±-------
1 | LDC-CBO-SLES | LDC-CBO-SLES | Yes | ( ) No | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | https://arm.rnd.ki.sw.ericsson.se/artifactory/proj-ldc-repo-rpm-local/common_base_os/sles/2.0.0-4?ssl_verify=no |
2 | network_utilities | Network Utilities (SLE_15) | Yes | ( ) No | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/network:/utilities/SLE_15/ |
3 | security_Stunnel | Stunnel – Universal SSL Wrapper (SLE-15) | Yes | ( ) No | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/security:/Stunnel/SLE-15/ |
bash-4.4# zypper se -s stunnel
Loading repository data…

S | Name | Type | Version | Arch | Repository
–±------------±-----------±----------±-------±-----------------------------------------
| stunnel | package | 5.49-35.1 | x86_64 | Stunnel – Universal SSL Wrapper (SLE-15)
| stunnel | srcpackage | 5.49-35.1 | noarch | Stunnel – Universal SSL Wrapper (SLE-15)
| stunnel-doc | package | 5.49-35.1 | noarch | Stunnel – Universal SSL Wrapper (SLE-15)

I found this in a openSUSE thread, reporting the same issue. It seems as if you’re missing some packages that aren’t provided. One post suggests to install system-user-nobody.
Do you have access to the SLE-15-Packages.iso? You could attach that to the server and add it as a repository, then retry the installation.

hi,

Thanks for all of your help.
Maybe I need make more clear about what I am doing.

Actually I try to install the stunnel in one docker image which based on SUSE sles:15 OS.
From the website https://software.opensuse.org/downlo…ackage=stunnel , I found

For SLE-15 run the following as root:

Code:
zypper addrepo https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/security:Stunnel/SLE-15/security:Stunnel.repo
zypper refresh
zypper install stunnel

but when run this “zypper install stunnel”, I got the issue

bash-4.4# zypper install -l -y stunnel
Loading repository data…

Problem: nothing provides group(nogroup) needed by stunnel-5.49-37.14.x86_64
Solution 1: do not install stunnel-5.49-37.14.x86_64
Solution 2: break stunnel-5.49-37.14.x86_64 by ignoring some of its dependencies

Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/c] (c): c

I wonder how to fix this “nothing provides group(nogroup)” problem, I have tried “groupadd nogroup”, seems no help.

maybe the https://download.opensuse.org/reposi…y:Stunnel.repo is not right choice for the sles:15 ?

but can somehow fix this nogroup issue manually before run “zypper install stunnel”?

Hi,

your docker image seems to be missing the ‘system-user-nobody’ package. This is a dependency for ‘stunnel’, without it you won’t be able to install without breaking that dependency (Solution 2: break stunnel-5.49-37.14.x86_64 by ignoring some of its dependencies).
I was able to reproduce your issue on a sles15-sp1 virtual machine by removing the package and trying to reinstall stunnel:

[CODE]test2:~ # zypper rm system-user-nobody
[…]

The following package is going to be REMOVED:
system-user-nobody

1 package to remove.
After the operation, 116.0 B will be freed.
Continue? [y/n/v/…? shows all options] (y):
(1/1) Removing system-user-nobody-20170617-4.155.noarch …[done]

test2:~ # zypper ar http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/security:/Stunnel/SLE-15/ stunnel
test2:~ # zypper ref

test2:~ # zypper in stunnel
Loading repository data…

Problem: nothing provides group(nogroup) needed by stunnel-5.49-35.1.x86_64
Solution 1: do not install stunnel-5.49-35.1.x86_64
Solution 2: break stunnel-5.49-35.1.x86_64 by ignoring some of its dependencies

Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/c] (c):

test2:~ # zypper mr -e 1
Repository ‘SLES15-SP1-15.1-0’ has been successfully enabled.

Loading repository data…

The following 2 NEW packages are going to be installed:
stunnel system-user-nobody

The following package has no support information from its vendor:
stunnel

2 new packages to install.
Overall download size: 178.7 KiB. Already cached: 0 B. After the operation, additional 292.0 KiB will be used.
Retrieving package system-user-nobody-20170617-4.155.noarch (1/2), 10.4 KiB ( 116 B unpacked)
Retrieving package stunnel-5.49-35.1.x86_64 (2/2), 168.3 KiB (291.9 KiB unpacked)
Retrieving: stunnel-5.49-35.1.x86_64.rpm …[done (12.6 KiB/s)]
Checking for file conflicts: …[done]
(1/2) Installing: system-user-nobody-20170617-4.155.noarch …[done]
Additional rpm output:
groupadd -r -g 65533 nogroup
groupadd -r -g 65534 nobody
useradd -r -s /sbin/nologin -c “nobody” -g nobody -d /var/lib/nobody -u 65534 nobody
usermod -a -G nogroup nobody
usermod: no changes

(2/2) Installing: stunnel-5.49-35.1.x86_64 …[done]
[/CODE]

So in conclusion your docker image seems to be corrupted or falsely installed, the package ‘system-user-nobody’ is part of the minimal-base-system. After re-enabling the sles iso as a repo the dependency can be resolved and ‘system-user-nobody’ is reinstalled.

Regards,
Eugen

[QUOTE=eblock;58375]Hi,

your docker image seems to be missing the ‘system-user-nobody’ package. This is a dependency for ‘stunnel’, without it you won’t be able to install without breaking that dependency (Solution 2: break stunnel-5.49-37.14.x86_64 by ignoring some of its dependencies).
I was able to reproduce your issue on a sles15-sp1 virtual machine by removing the package and trying to reinstall stunnel:

[CODE]test2:~ # zypper rm system-user-nobody
[…]

The following package is going to be REMOVED:
system-user-nobody

1 package to remove.
After the operation, 116.0 B will be freed.
(1/1) Removing system-user-nobody-20170617-4.155.noarch …[done]

test2:~ # zypper ar http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/security:/Stunnel/SLE-15/ stunnel
test2:~ # zypper ref

Loading repository data…

Problem: nothing provides group(nogroup) needed by stunnel-5.49-35.1.x86_64
Solution 1: do not install stunnel-5.49-35.1.x86_64
Solution 2: break stunnel-5.49-35.1.x86_64 by ignoring some of its dependencies

Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/c] (c):

test2:~ # zypper mr -e 1
Repository ‘SLES15-SP1-15.1-0’ has been successfully enabled.

Loading repository data…

The following 2 NEW packages are going to be installed:
stunnel system-user-nobody

The following package has no support information from its vendor:
stunnel

2 new packages to install.
Overall download size: 178.7 KiB. Already cached: 0 B. After the operation, additional 292.0 KiB will be used.
Retrieving package system-user-nobody-20170617-4.155.noarch (1/2), 10.4 KiB ( 116 B unpacked)
Retrieving package stunnel-5.49-35.1.x86_64 (2/2), 168.3 KiB (291.9 KiB unpacked)
Retrieving: stunnel-5.49-35.1.x86_64.rpm …[done (12.6 KiB/s)]
Checking for file conflicts: …[done]
(1/2) Installing: system-user-nobody-20170617-4.155.noarch …[done]
Additional rpm output:
groupadd -r -g 65533 nogroup
groupadd -r -g 65534 nobody
useradd -r -s /sbin/nologin -c “nobody” -g nobody -d /var/lib/nobody -u 65534 nobody
usermod -a -G nogroup nobody
usermod: no changes

(2/2) Installing: stunnel-5.49-35.1.x86_64 …[done]
[/CODE]

So in conclusion your docker image seems to be corrupted or falsely installed, the package ‘system-user-nobody’ is part of the minimal-base-system. After re-enabling the sles iso as a repo the dependency can be resolved and ‘system-user-nobody’ is reinstalled.

Regards,
Eugen[/QUOTE]

HI Eugen,

your information is really helpful and points to the root cause, I have verified that, thanks a lot.

br,
Leyu