librsvg-devel

Hi All,

I’m using SLED11 SP3 x86_64 with GNOME only.

Today I’ve tried to install the “multimediacodec_sled11sp3” . For that I’ve first run the “checkdependencies” script & it found several packages not installed, I’ve installed all the missing dependencies manually (using Yast2), except the librsvg-devel. After I’ve run the “build” script & it display an error for the missing librsvg-devel package.

next I’ve tried to install it using zypper command & it display the below message::

Problem: librsvg-devel-2.26.0-2.3.1.x86_64 requires libgsf-devel, but this requirement cannot be provided
uninstallable providers: libgsf-devel-1.14.9-2.27.x86_64[SLE_11_SDK]
Solution 1: downgrade of hal-0.5.12-23.74.1.x86_64 to hal-0.5.12-23.68.1.x86_64
Solution 2: do not install librsvg-devel-2.26.0-2.3.1.x86_64
Solution 3: break librsvg-devel-2.26.0-2.3.1.x86_64 by ignoring some of its dependencies

Can anyone tell me how to solve the problem.

[QUOTE=naren_bishayee;23348]
Today I’ve tried to install the “multimediacodec_sled11sp3” . [/QUOTE]

I know you’re talking about this https://www.suse.com/communities/conversations/additional-multimedia-codec-support-for-sled-11-sp3/ but I know that because I wrote it! I probably wouldn’t have any idea what you were talking about otherwise. :wink:

I can’t recreate that. I have a machine which has hal-0.5.12-23.74.1 librsvg-devel-2.26.0-2.3.1 and libgsf-devel-1.14.9-2.27 installed on it. On a machine which has hal-0.5.12-23.74.1 but does not have librsvg-devel or libgsf-devel, zypper does not have a problem installing libgsf-devel.

libgsf-devel-1.14.9-2.27 is what I’d expect to see being installed, as it’s what’s in the SDK and there’s no updates for it.

libgsf-devel is the problem so need to work out why that won’t install. What’s the output of

$ zypper in libgsf-devel

If the output says that there is something else that cannot be installed (listed as uninstallable providers), then try installing that. Sometimes in these cases you have to drill down a bit to find the root cause.

CODE tags around output helps with readability. Look for the # button when composing. It’s also a good idea to post the command you used, not just the output from it.

Hello mikewillis,

I know, you’ve created this one.

I’ve downgraded the hal package from hal-0.5.12-23.74.1.x86_64 to hal-0.5.12-23.68.1.x86_64
And after that all are are working.
I think, (may be wrong, not sure) and devel package need the same version of standard package, and there is no hal-devel package for the version no. 0.5.12-23.74.1 but for the version of 0.5.12-23.68.1 present the devel and the main package. Thats why some error was displaying during the installation.

OK, but downgrading hal should not be necessary. When you ask zypper to install a package, it should not tell you that it needs to downgrade another package. You’ve got librsvg-devel installed, but you’ve done so by ignoring the problem that you posted here for help with. A problem which may cause further issues with installing packages in future.

[QUOTE=naren_bishayee;23354]
I think, (may be wrong, not sure) and devel package need the same version of standard package, and there is no hal-devel package for the version no. 0.5.12-23.74.1 but for the version of 0.5.12-23.68.1 present the devel and the main package. Thats why some error was displaying during the installation. [/QUOTE]
One way to see if there is a hal-devel package for version 0.5.12-23.74.1 is

mike@linux-7xyj:~> zypper packages | grep hal-devel | grep 0.5.12-23.74.1 | SLE11-SDK-SP3-Updates | hal-devel | 0.5.12-23.74.1 | x86_64 | SLE11-SDK-SP3-Updates_testing | hal-devel | 0.5.12-23.74.1 | x86_64 mike@linux-7xyj:~>
So hal-devel-0.5.12-23.74.1 does exist. If zypper couldn’t find it then that could very well be why it wanted to downgrade hal. Do you have the SDK Updates repo?

Hello mikewillis,

I don’t have the SDK update repo on my system, and I’m wondering is the SDK updates repo automatically configured during the first time SDK iso repo added or do i need to it to add manually.

Also, can you tell me the URL for the SDK Update repo, so I can add it on my system.

I thought it was added automatically if you downloaded the SDK iso and then added it as a repo, but it looks like I’ve been wrong in thinking that. The SDK release notes at https://www.suse.com/releasenotes/x86_64/SLE-SDK/11-SP3/ say

[QUOTE=naren_bishayee]
Also, can you tell me the URL for the SDK Update repo, so I can add it on my system.[/QUOTE]
Sorry, I don’t know what it is. My machines are not registered with SUSE directly, I maintain my own local copy of the Updates repos so my machines are pointed that that.

Once you have the SDK Updates repo set up, I think you’ll find that zypper will be able to upgrade hal again.

naren bishayee Wrote in message:
[color=blue]

I don’t have the SDK update repo on my system, and I’m wondering is the
SDK updates repo automatically configured during the first time SDK iso
repo added or do i need to it to add manually.

Also, can you tell me the URL for the SDK Update repo, so I can add it
on my system.[/color]

Please see TID 7015337[1] on how to configure a SLES11 SP3 server
to access the online SDK repositories.

HTH.

[1] https://www.suse.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7015337

Simon Flood
SUSE Knowledge Partner

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://piaohong.appspot.com/newsgroup

Simon Flood Wrote in message:
[color=blue]

Please see TID 7015337[1] on how to configure a SLES11 SP3 server
to access the online SDK repositories.[/color]

Sorry I should note that whilst the above TID relates to SLES11
SP3 it should also work for SLED11 SP3 since the SDK is not
Server specific.

HTH.

Simon Flood
SUSE Knowledge Partner

Hello Simon,

Now it works.
I’ve updated the hal with the version 0.5.12-23.74.1 with the devel version also.