SLES12 no postgresql93-libs or openssl-devel packages

Installed a new SLES12 and discovered there is no postgresql93-libs package, but there is an included postgresql93-libs source included. Attempt to build postgresql93-libs from the source and it complains it has no available openssl-devel package.Checked the other SLES12 media on their new Modules and cannot find on those either.

Hi
During the install did you select to add the SDK? If not, check on SCC (https://scc.suse.com) for the new url’s and add manually via YaST Software Repositories.

Repository: SLE-SDK12-Pool
Name: postgresql93-devel
Version: 9.3.5-2.3

[QUOTE=malcolmlewis;24421]Hi
During the install did you select to add the SDK? If not, check on SCC (https://scc.suse.com) for the new url’s and add manually via YaST Software Repositories.

Repository: SLE-SDK12-Pool Name: postgresql93-devel Version: 9.3.5-2.3 [/QUOTE]

No, I did not, and am unsure as to why we should be installing the SDK to work with Devel packages in order to get the postgresql93-libs package, shouldn’t postgresql93-libs be include in the base media of sles12 the way postgresql-libs was included in sles11?

Hi
All devel packages have moved to the SDK, so anything (like libopenssl-devel) is here. I only have a SLED 12 system at present, there are only postgresql93 and postgresql93-devel, no libs package?

I checked on sles11.
I see package postgresql91-libs, this is a srcpackage.

On the second SLES12 DVD there is /suse/src/postgresql93-libs-9.3.5-2.3.src.rpm

[QUOTE=malcolmlewis;24454]Hi
All devel packages have moved to the SDK, so anything (like libopenssl-devel) is here. I only have a SLED 12 system at present, there are only postgresql93 and postgresql93-devel, no libs package?[/QUOTE]

Hi
Which will produce postgresql93 and postgresql93-devel, there is no
libs suffix.

Cheers Malcolm °¿° LFCS, SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12 GNOME 3.10.1 Kernel 3.12.28-4-default
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below… Thanks!