Load balancer only works on port 80

Hi,

I have a launched an nginx container in the managed network. It took the public port 64841 and the proper public IP from the EC2 host. The container is not public reachable at IP:64841 despite correct ingress rules.

When I create a load balancer pointing to the nginx service and make the load balancer available on port 80 then I can access nginx. If I change the load balancer port to any other port then it doesn’t work again.

First, I would expect to be able to access nginx on IP:64841 and second, the load balancer should work with any port, right?

This is in a public VPC of AWS.

Rancher 1.6.12
The host has RancherOS v1.1.2 (4.9.69)
and Docker 17.06.2-ce

Can someone help?

Thank you in advance,
Oliver

Update:
After more testing: No matter what I install e.g. Wordpress or DokuWiki from the catalog it is always only available on the ports 80, 8080 or 443. These ports do work any other port does not work.

Any ideas?

Thank you,
Oliver

Hi, I bet other ports are just bloqued by your AWS config. Network is by default strict on AWS meaning not all ports can be hit.

Hi,

finally we found that the company has three internet gateways and ports are routed differently thus indeed the ports were blocked internally.

Thank you,
Oliver