Longhorn App missing after upgrade to Rancher 2.62

I just upgraded to latest stable Rancher 2.62 and Longhorn is missing from the list of installed applications.

I can still see it on the menu and browse to the webui, but when I find it’s chart it asks to install fresh.

Would there be any issues installing over my existing? Would it act like an upgrade or install two side by side.

Would it act like an upgrade or install two side by side

It would depend on what is still installed.
Can you post the output of this command from the kubectl shell?

kubectl get pods -A | grep longhorn

I’ve decided to reinstall longhorn. I was unable to perform an upgrade due to it not showing up properly in the new UI. I tried to manually update it via kubectl and I think it duplicated certain things.

Since upgrading via kubectl, i’ve been getting these errors on my deployments:

MountVolume.MountDevice failed for volume “pvc-7c20fce4-61f8-43e8-ac12-ac15efc743e5” : rpc error: code = Internal desc = mount failed: exit status 32 Mounting command: mount Mounting arguments: -t ext4 -o defaults /dev/longhorn/pvc-7c20fce4-61f8-43e8-ac12-ac15efc743e5 /var/lib/kubelet/plugins/kubernetes.io/csi/pv/pvc-7c20fce4-61f8-43e8-ac12-ac15efc743e5/globalmount Output: mount: /var/lib/kubelet/plugins/kubernetes.io/csi/pv/pvc-7c20fce4-61f8-43e8-ac12-ac15efc743e5/globalmount: /dev/longhorn/pvc-7c20fce4-61f8-43e8-ac12-ac15efc743e5 already mounted or mount point busy.

Not all deployments, its random. Do you have a link to a guide for restoring backups in longhorn? Do I just point it to the same backup location and restore via webui?

The one that has been upgraded with kubectl does not appear to be correct. It still uses the forcsi-xxx deployment components. I understand why this is taking place. You’re using Rancher UI to instal Longhorn, but kubectl to upgrade it. This is not acceptable. I suggest backing up your data and getting ready to reinstall Longhorn.