Longhorn with multiple StorageClasses

I have setup longhorn to provide storage volumes from a set of disks that contain ext4 file systems.

I need to create a MongoDB cluster and have read that it performs better on disks that contain xfs file systems.

Can I create a new storage class for longhorn that uses the xfs disks? Is this the right way to create storage volumes that are on a different file system?

I can not find anything in the docs that explain how to accomplish this? Does anyone know if any exist?

Thanks for the help.

I don’t know if it is the exact thing you are looking for but there is a way to instruct longhorn to target only specific nodes / disks when creating storage volumes and replicas. You need to go to longhorn ui and first label the nodes / disks you want to target. Then you willl create another storageClass instance that uses nodeSelector to indicate the targeted label. When you direct your deployment to that storageClass, longhorn will automatically use the disks you specificed (xfs in your example).

Here is their official documentation: Tip: Set Longhorn To Only Use Storage On A Specific Set Of Nodes | The Longhorn Knowledge Base

That’s very helpful. Thank you