Need help in configuring XRDP on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP1

I have recently upgraded a machine to SLES 15 SP1 however i have lost the ability to RDP from a windows machine. I have found and followed the instructions from this forum, detailed under another thread to no avail: https://forums.suse.com/discussion/comment/55164#Comment_55164

I am hope someone could assist?

Hi
Just to confirm, you are logging into the GUI session with Xorg and not Wayland?
echo $XDG_SESSION_TYPE
Which desktop session are you using?

Hello,
I was attempting to use and xorg and upon entering credentials, i just get a black screen.
Inputting that echo command returns x11

Hi
Is the firewall enabled? If so can you temporarily disable and test the xrdp connection?
If you also ssh onto the system, can you tail the log to see what is happening?
journalctl -f

Firewall enable, but still not working…I also using WinSCP that is also not connecting with my Suse Server

Hi
So you have physical access to this machine? Sounds like the sshd service is not running either…

Hello,
Having initiated the command: journalctl -f and performed a an SSH connection. The following is returned:

x11 and ssh are all listed under the ‘trusted’ zone within YaST2 > firewall
sshd is active and running ‘On Boot’.
When again establishing an rdp connection from a windows machine, it receive a black screen.

@flcRF so you can ssh onto the machine ok, what about as your user? If you can ssh, then winscp should work as well…