No SLE201v15 academy invitation, but SLE301v15

Hi,
I have no SLE201v15 academy invitation, but SLE301v15, how is that ?
What can I do if I got eCredit in SLE301v15, but no SCA in SLE201v15 after class close?
Please kindly advise, thanks!

Hi, @jasonymy168

I’m just a fellow student of this Academy, but I think that I may help a bit regarding your second question:

What can I do if I got eCredit in SLE301v15, but no SCA in SLE201v15 after class close?

I don’t know if you know that you can (always) take the “SCE (SUSE Certified Engineer) in Enterprise Linux 15” Certification Exam, before taking the “SCA (SUSE Certified Administrator) in Enterprise Linux 15” Exam. The only issue is that you will not be an SCE, until you sit and successfully pass both the SCA and the SCE Exams (in either order).

The source for this claim is the following text, taken from the web page https://training.suse.com/certification/sce-linux/ :
“(…) Prerequisites
When you pass the SCE in Enterprise Linux exam, you will not receive the SCE in Enterprise Linux certificate unless or until you have passed the SCA in Enterprise Linux exam.
(…)”

So, if you have an eCredit / voucher from the SLE301v15 Academy, then you can take (for free) the “SCE (SUSE Certified Engineer) in Enterprise Linux 15” Exam. If you pass that Exam, then you will “only” need to also pass the “SCA (SUSE Certified Administrator) in Enterprise Linux 15” Exam and then you will become both an SCA and an SCE.

For the “SCA (SUSE Certified Administrator) in Enterprise Linux 15”, you can either wait for the next SLE201v15 Academy (maybe the @Academy_Instructor can kindly reply to this thread, to say when is that expected to happen?) and fulfill the Academy requirements to get the eCredit/Voucher to take the SCA Certification Exam for free -OR- pay to take the SCA Exam.

I hope this helps. Maybe the @Academy_Instructor can kindly provide some additional info, by replying to this topic / thread?

Hi Ricmarq,
Thanks for your kindly response. However, I cannot enroll the SLE301v15 academy for it show me closed and gray out the button said need invitation to enroll, but I do have an invitation letter, it is not expired, it is kinds of weird here.

Hello Ricmarq,

Do you happen to know if I will be allowed to take the SCE exam in case I have an SCA certificate for a previous SLES version?

Hi @jasonymy168 ,
I’m afraid that I can’t help you. I suggest that you send an e-mail to whoever sent you that “invitation letter” and ask him / her for clarification. Good luck!

To anyone that may be following this topic / discussion and that may be interested to know the answer to @Stanislav’s question above (“Do you happen to know if I will be allowed to take the SCE exam in case I have an SCA certificate for a previous SLES version?”): Stanislav has started another discussion ( “Access to exam” - https://forums.suse.com/discussion/15153/access-to-exam ) with that question and I replied to him in that topic - https://forums.suse.com/discussion/comment/61211/#Comment_61211 - and Stanislav has already thanked me there for my reply :slight_smile: