Overscan on hdmi

I have downloaded, installed, registered and applied all updates. The installation is working fine.

BUT

I need to apply some overscan settings (left & right 24, and top & bottom 16) I’ve added the appropriate lines to BOTH config.txt files (in efi and vc) but they are being ignored. Without this the system is unuseable which would be a pity as I can’t see the task bar and I can’t maximize any windows or I lose the window controls.

Help please, how can I apply these settings?

Alan

I didn’t get any HDMI settings to work when I tried in Tumbleweed for Raspi (2 or 3, don’t remember). It’s a pain. Only workaround I found:

• Add a non-root user
  • Install tigervnc (cookbook here, adapt directories in the systemd script to your new, non-root user)

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=123457

• Use your raspi headless and have a free-scalable desktop that works (in TW, at least :wink: ).

Have fun!:rolleyes:

Cheers for the response Raspu, but maybe I’ll try again in 6 months or so when it’s a little more “pi friendly”.

Alan

[QUOTE=mudcruzr_alan;35484]I have downloaded, installed, registered and applied all updates. The installation is working fine.

BUT

I need to apply some overscan settings (left & right 24, and top & bottom 16) I’ve added the appropriate lines to BOTH config.txt files (in efi and vc) but they are being ignored. Without this the system is unuseable which would be a pity as I can’t see the task bar and I can’t maximize any windows or I lose the window controls.

Help please, how can I apply these settings?

Alan[/QUOTE]

I’m having the same issues. Any plans to implement the config.txt?

i have the same problems with SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP2 on Raspberry Pi 3