perl-gtk2 package ?

Hi,

I’m new to this forum, so please accept my apology if I’m doing something wrong here. I’m currently evaluating sles 12sp3 so I don’t have access to support yet. I’m more acquainted with opensuse. The server I’m setting up has a few scripts running perl with a gtk2 interface. I can’t find the perl-gtk2 package so I thought I may have missed a repository ? Is perl-gtk2 packaged for sles 12sp3 ? I can see lots of gtk2 related packages in yast2 so why not perl-gtk2 ? I must have missed something.

Thanks in advance

David

[QUOTE=infogtid;54650]Hi,

I’m new to this forum, so please accept my apology if I’m doing something wrong here. I’m currently evaluating sles 12sp3 so I don’t have access to support yet. I’m more acquainted with opensuse. The server I’m setting up has a few scripts running perl with a gtk2 interface. I can’t find the perl-gtk2 package so I thought I may have missed a repository ? Is perl-gtk2 packaged for sles 12sp3 ? I can see lots of gtk2 related packages in yast2 so why not perl-gtk2 ? I must have missed something.

Thanks in advance

David[/QUOTE]
Hi and welcome to the Forum :slight_smile:
The move to gtk3 I suspect…

You can grab an unsupported rpm from the devel:languages:perl repository (or just use cpan?)

zypper in https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:/languages:/perl/SLE_12_SP3/x86_64/perl-Gtk2-1.24992-60.5.x86_64.rpm

The other option is to ask the maintainers to push to package hub?
https://packagehub.suse.com/

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions, it is very appreciated. I don’t understand well how it works so I was surprised to see sle packages in a opensuse repository but I could install perl-gtk2 from here. I had to resolve dependencies by hand and download required packages individually though.

I first tried the cpan route (which I’m just learning about, I’m not a perl developer) but couldn’t install Glib despite all my efforts, but cpan helped me resolve odd dependencies for one of the scripts so it helped me anyway in the end. The scripts require old libraries that are being removed, one after the other, from newer versions of perl set setting up a new machine gets more difficult every time…

Thanks again !

David