php53-devel

Hi,

i just made the upgrade to SP3 on my testserver - but I wonder why php53-devel is not available any more. I added the SP3-SDK to my repositories, but YAST does not show the package. If I take the one on the SDK-disk and try to install it I from KDE I get the message “Could not find the rpm-Package in Pool”.
When I try to install it manually withc rpm -iv I run into trouble with the dependencies (lots of packages with different version Numbers, speciffically GLIBC).

So: Where can I get a compatible version of php53-devel without messing up my system with lots of handcrafted packages?

Thanks,

Rexem

Hi
Can you show all your repositories;

zypper lr

Is the SLE11-SDK-SP3-Updates added and active?

Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (x86_64) GNOME 3.10.2 Kernel 3.11.10-7-desktop
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below… Thanks!

Yes, it is:

| Alias | Name | Enabled | Refresh

—±------------------------------------------------------------------±------------------------------------------------------------------±--------±-------
1 | PK_TMP_DIR | PK_TMP_DIR | Yes | Yes
2 | SUSE-Linux-Enterprise-Server-11-SP3 11.3.3-1.138 | SUSE-Linux-Enterprise-Server-11-SP3 11.3.3-1.138 | Yes | No
3 | SUSE-Linux-Enterprise-Software-Development-Kit-11-SP3_11.3.3-1.69 | SUSE-Linux-Enterprise-Software-Development-Kit-11-SP3 11.3.3-1.69 | Yes | Yes
4 | nu_novell_com:SLE11-SP1-Debuginfo-Pool | SLE11-SP1-Debuginfo-Pool | No | Yes
5 | nu_novell_com:SLE11-SP1-Debuginfo-Updates | SLE11-SP1-Debuginfo-Updates | No | Yes
6 | nu_novell_com:SLE11-SP2-Debuginfo-Core | SLE11-SP2-Debuginfo-Core | No | Yes
7 | nu_novell_com:SLE11-SP2-Debuginfo-Updates | SLE11-SP2-Debuginfo-Updates | No | Yes
8 | nu_novell_com:SLE11-SP3-Debuginfo-Pool | SLE11-SP3-Debuginfo-Pool | No | Yes
9 | nu_novell_com:SLE11-SP3-Debuginfo-Updates | SLE11-SP3-Debuginfo-Updates | No | Yes
10 | nu_novell_com:SLE11-WebYaST-SP2-Pool | SLE11-WebYaST-SP2-Pool | No | Yes
11 | nu_novell_com:SLE11-WebYaST-SP2-Updates | SLE11-WebYaST-SP2-Updates | No | Yes
12 | nu_novell_com:SLES11-Extras | SLES11-Extras | No | Yes
13 | nu_novell_com:SLES11-SP1-Pool | SLES11-SP1-Pool | No | Yes
14 | nu_novell_com:SLES11-SP1-Updates | SLES11-SP1-Updates | No | Yes
15 | nu_novell_com:SLES11-SP2-Core | SLES11-SP2-Core | No | Yes
16 | nu_novell_com:SLES11-SP2-Extension-Store | SLES11-SP2-Extension-Store | No | Yes
17 | nu_novell_com:SLES11-SP2-Updates | SLES11-SP2-Updates | No | Yes
18 | nu_novell_com:SLES11-SP3-Extension-Store | SLES11-SP3-Extension-Store | No | Yes
19 | nu_novell_com:SLES11-SP3-Pool | SLES11-SP3-Pool | Yes | Yes
20 | nu_novell_com:SLES11-SP3-Updates | SLES11-SP3-Updates | Yes | Yes

I need php53-devel to build my apc.so module for php. I now found a prebuilt package on http://software.opensuse.org/package/php5-APC. It seems to work, at least for my testing environment, but I am not sure if these packages are trustworthy enough for my production envrionment, so I would like to build it on my own with phpize.
Or is there an way to install apc with “official” Suse packages?

Hi
You need to add the SLE SDK via YaST add on products to enable the
online repositories, or manually add the repository via your mirro
credentials and information on the NCC page. This should then pull in
the matching devel package from the SLE SDK Updates repo.

The reason your seeing an issue is the php53 you have installed will be
from the Pool updates repo, the one on the SLE SDK will be an older
version, hence the miss match.

Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (x86_64) GNOME 3.10.2 Kernel 3.11.10-7-desktop
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below… Thanks!

Thanks for your help - it did not work on my test server, but at least it did on my live server.

BTW: I don´t see any star to click for spending you some karma… Am I blind?

Hi
FYI, this one :wink:

I must admit: I am blind… :cool: