pop up window "app" is not responding SLED12

Hello,
I tested some applications installed on NFS and sometimes appears pop up window - app is not responding Force Quit/Wait, but application started OK few seconds later. Can I disable or set longer timeout for this message?
Thank you.

[QUOTE=dzcjpbs;26301]Hello,
I tested some applications installed on NFS and sometimes appears pop up window - app is not responding Force Quit/Wait, but application started OK few seconds later. Can I disable or set longer timeout for this message?
Thank you.[/QUOTE]

I can’t find a screenshot of it, but I’m assuming the error message is the one the full wording of which is

"Application" is not responding. You may choose to wait a short while for it to continue or force the application to quit entirely. [Force Quit] [Wait]

A Google search reveals other people asking about how to change the time it take for that message to appear but no answer as to how, which I guess means it’s not possible.

I have some applications deployed to machines I manage by way of an NFS mounted volume. I’m not using SLED 12 in production yet, but I’ve not seen this message occur so far. I just tried running Matlab R2014b from an NFS mounted volume on SLED 12 a few times and didn’t get the message. Matlab is a big application, it can take up to 15 seconds from launch to being usable.

Are you seeing the problem with all the applications on the NFS volume, or just some? Is the NFS volume exported and/or mounted as read only? Are you using NFS 4?

[QUOTE=mikewillis;26302]I can’t find a screenshot of it, but I’m assuming the error message is the one the full wording of which is

"Application" is not responding. You may choose to wait a short while for it to continue or force the application to quit entirely. [Force Quit] [Wait]

A Google search reveals other people asking about how to change the time it take for that message to appear but no answer as to how, which I guess means it’s not possible.

I have some applications deployed to machines I manage by way of an NFS mounted volume. I’m not using SLED 12 in production yet, but I’ve not seen this message occur so far. I just tried running Matlab R2014b from an NFS mounted volume on SLED 12 a few times and didn’t get the message. Matlab is a big application, it can take up to 15 seconds from launch to being usable.

Are you seeing the problem with all the applications on the NFS volume, or just some? Is the NFS volume exported and/or mounted as read only? Are you using NFS 4?[/QUOTE]

Hello,
Thx for answer. I am using NFS v3 and rw mount, only testing env too. Just tested again about 5 appls on NFS and problem is only with this one. I think problem is in applicatinon same like this: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-shell-list/2014-May/msg00033.html I will try report bug for apps vendor, but it would by good if I can manage dialog timeout.

Unless the people running the applications also need to make modifications to the applications it’s best to make the mount read only. I’m afraid I do not understand what you mean by ‘only testing env too’.

[QUOTE=dzcjpbs;26386]
Just tested again about 5 appls on NFS and problem is only with this one. I think problem is in applicatinon same like this: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-shell-list/2014-May/msg00033.html I will try report bug for apps vendor, but it would by good if I can manage dialog timeout.[/QUOTE]
That email thread does sound like it’s about the same message you’re describing but like I said, there doesn’t appear to be any way to change the timeout. What’s the application?