RKE installed on rancherOS

Hey,

I have 3 old clusters on top of rancherOS and to be honest I don’t remember how they got installed anymore, but from the looks of it, its a RKE installed on rancherOS.

I had a rancher/rancher to serve the UI on a separate node which just died and i’m not being able to recover it: Issues accessing rancher UI on PROD - #3 by jlourenco

But right now I was trying to import these 3 RKE clusters into another instance of the rancher ui I have running but without the UI I don’t exactly know how I can get the kubectl to work in order to register the cluster into the rancher ui.

bd6c6401f755        rancher/coreos-etcd:v3.4.13-rancher1   "/usr/local/bin/etcd…"   11 months ago       Up 4 months                             etcd
ee39e9d40942        rancher/hyperkube:v1.19.4-rancher1     "/opt/rke-tools/entr…"   12 months ago       Up 4 months                             kube-apiserver
c499edbccade        rancher/hyperkube:v1.19.4-rancher1     "/opt/rke-tools/entr…"   12 months ago       Up 4 months                             kube-proxy
c15c61060ebf        rancher/hyperkube:v1.19.4-rancher1     "/opt/rke-tools/entr…"   12 months ago       Up 4 months                             kubelet
1a9b3ae3beea        rancher/hyperkube:v1.19.4-rancher1     "/opt/rke-tools/entr…"   12 months ago       Up 4 weeks                              kube-scheduler
ff748b560159        rancher/hyperkube:v1.19.4-rancher1     "/opt/rke-tools/entr…"   12 months ago       Up 4 weeks                              kube-controller-manager

I tried going into all of these containers and search for a kube.config but I couldn’t find any… any clues on how I can run the kubectl command?
If this was installed on debian I knew how to handle it but unfortunately these 3 clusters haven’t been migrated away from rancherOS.

Thanks

I didn’t find out how this could be done but instead I managed to recover the original rancher/rancher instance.

Issues accessing rancher UI on PROD - #3 by jlourenco ← if u have the same issue it’s here my solution.