SCC opensuse channel

I am trying to configure uyuni on an openSuSE system.

Connecting to my account in SCC worked, but when I synchronize SuSE products with my organization credentials I get channels for RHEL and Ubuntu - but none for openSuSE. This is a bit strange for me, because I would have expected openSuSE before RHEL and Ubuntu :o

Can uyuni not be used with openSuSE, but only for SLES, RHEL and Ubuntu? In other words - does uyuni not support its own platform?

Martin

[QUOTE=wizonet;58895]I am trying to configure uyuni on an openSuSE system.

Connecting to my account in SCC worked, but when I synchronize SuSE products with my organization credentials I get channels for RHEL and Ubuntu - but none for openSuSE. This is a bit strange for me, because I would have expected openSuSE before RHEL and Ubuntu :o

Can uyuni not be used with openSuSE, but only for SLES, RHEL and Ubuntu? In other words - does uyuni not support its own platform?

Martin[/QUOTE]

Hi,

I haven’t dealt with Uyuni yet so I can’t really tell if that applies. But from my experience with SUSE Manager (predecessor of uyuni IIUC) you can add the openSUSE channels by creating them yourself (repositories of your choice from https://software.opensuse.org/). The openSUSE channels are not part of SCC because you don’t get support for openSUSE products.

Regards,
Eugen

Hi

Ok, the OpenSuSE is not part of SCC because of support - but why are there channels for Ubuntu - is there support for Ubuntu? :wink:

Is there a step-by-step manual to add an new (OpenSuSE) channel to SuSE Manager (or Uyuni)?

Best regards

Martin

There’s also no support for the Ubuntu clients, but SUSE Manager is able to register these clients to custom repositories, but only as salt clients, no traditional clients. Basically the same (manual) steps are required as for openSUSE channels.