Setting up SBD using ocfs2 on RDM

I’m very new to clustering linux. I currently have SLES11 SP3 for vmware with the HA extensions installed on ESX 5.1 trying to use a Raw Device Map disk.

The RDM is in physical mode on a paravirtual SCSI controller with the SCSI bus mode = physical.

I’m trying to setup the disk using ocfs2 but I’m having trouble getting it setup. I have partitioned it as a primary without formatting it. So it now can be referenced as /dev/sdc1.

I created the SBD as this device, stonith is running. Then I try to format the drive using mkfs.ocfs2 /dev/sdc1 and it blows up.

I’m I doing something in the wrong order?

any help would be great.

Hi cisaksen,

[QUOTE=cisaksen;17040]I’m very new to clustering linux. I currently have SLES11 SP3 for vmware with the HA extensions installed on ESX 5.1 trying to use a Raw Device Map disk.

The RDM is in physical mode on a paravirtual SCSI controller with the SCSI bus mode = physical.

I’m trying to setup the disk using ocfs2 but I’m having trouble getting it setup. I have partitioned it as a primary without formatting it. So it now can be referenced as /dev/sdc1.

I created the SBD as this device, stonith is running. Then I try to format the drive using mkfs.ocfs2 /dev/sdc1 and it blows up.

I’m I doing something in the wrong order?

any help would be great.[/QUOTE]

please define “blows up” - anything left inside the server rack after the dust settles and the smoke dissolved? :wink:

Depending on how you set up OCFS2, you may need a working cluster DLM to use OCFS2. Have you had a look at https://www.suse.com/documentation/sle_ha/singlehtml/book_sleha/book_sleha.html - chapter 14 covers OCFS2 and 14.3 describes the resources setup.

Regards,
Jens