SLED 12.2 with apache need help configuring connection

I have suse 12.2 with apache. I need help configuring the server settings so that my web page will show up online. I set the DNS A record to the proxy ip address. Should i have set the A record to my main ip address? when i searched for my ip address it showed 2. and ip and a proxy.

Hi
There is no SLED 12.2 yet? There is an openSUSE 12.2… if this is what
your running, then http://forums.opensuse.org is the place to post,
same username and password will work.

If it is SLE, please post the output from cat /etc/SuSE-release

Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 12.2 (x86_64) Kernel 3.4.28-2.20-desktop
up 0:24, 3 users, load average: 0.01, 0.03, 0.05
CPU Intel® i5 CPU M520@2.40GHz | GPU Intel® Ironlake Mobile

Hi Mike,

in short, for others to reach your web server by name you need to make sure that packets sent to the IP address behind that name get to your web server.

You’re a bit unspecific about your setup, but to “set the DNS A record to the proxy ip address” sounds wrong, unless you have configured your proxy to forward those requests to your web server.

Setting this up requires more details about the specific environment - how’s the network between you and your users (“my web page will show up online” in the sense of “to users coming in via Internet”?), how’s your server’s IP address reachable from there etc.

Regards,
Jens

PS: And while this is a generic problem, please take it to the appropriate forum like Malcolm suggested… there can be a lot of specifics during setup, i.e. version differences and their consequences feature-wise.