SLES 12 and mounting NTFS parition

Hi !

I would like to mount a NTFS partition on SLES 12. I have installed the SDK, downloaded and applied the updates. Unfortunately, NTFS is still a non recognized partition, even if I installed the tow related NTFS packages through Yast.

Any idea on how to solve this ?

Thanks,

Regards,

Arnaud

Hi Arnaud
How are you trying to mount (command line?) and what is the exact error?

Hi Malcolm,

No, was trying to do that quickly through Gnome. The command line is clearly shown in the warning popup though. ntfs does not seem to be recognized

[QUOTE=Arnaudk93;27245]Hi Malcolm,

No, was trying to do that quickly through Gnome. The command line is clearly shown in the warning popup though. ntfs does not seem to be recognized[/QUOTE]
Hi Arnaud
Then is should be using fuse to mount along with a pop up to enter the root password.

Are the fuse, gvfs-fuse and libfuse2 packages installed?

Else has the ntfs partition not been removed properly at some point and need ‘fixing’?

Thanks,

I will check this later and give you the status

[QUOTE=malcolmlewis;27246]Hi Arnaud
Then is should be using fuse to mount along with a pop up to enter the root password.

Are the fuse, gvfs-fuse and libfuse2 packages installed?

Else has the ntfs partition not been removed properly at some point and need ‘fixing’?[/QUOTE]
fuse is installed. Strangely (other problem) I cannot access to suse repository at home (although I removed the proxy settings I used at work). I will check later. I tried to use also the command line, “ntfs” is not a known file system.

Hi
The ntfs-3g and ntfstools packages are part of the SLE 12 workstation
extension add on product… Download the iso and use YaST to add as a
local iso image…

Cheers Malcolm °¿° LFCS, SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12 GNOME 3.10.1 Kernel 3.12.39-47-default
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below… Thanks!