SLES Patching

I’m working on patching some of our Suse systems with Hana installed. We have been told that there is a specific repository that we should use to get updates that are Hana-approved. I am only concerned with the OS updates for SLES. I’m a bit confused on how subscriptions relate to repositories.

1. How do I gain access to Suse repositories with Hana-approved SLES patches (not Hana updates) patches?
  2. How do I find what repositories are available to me based on the subscriptions I have?
  3. Where do I find a list of repositories that have Hana-approved SLES patches (not Hana updates)?

Hi
Either via SCC https://scc.suse.com/dashboard or on the server(s) in
question;

SUSEConnect --list-extensions
SUSEConnect --status-text
SUSEConnect --help (For more info)

Then for you repo list;

zypper lr

To sort out the patches available use;

zypper ref
zypper lu -t patch

Should give you a list of patches and which repo they are from.

You can then refine with;

zypper -t patch -r <repo number from above>

You can then use zypper to only install items from that repo by adding
up;

zypper up t patch -r <repo number from above>

Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE Leap 42.1|GNOME 3.16.2|4.1.36-44-default
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below… Thanks!

Thanks for the reply.

1. So the repositories that are available are connected to the subscriptions that are available to me?
  2. Are there repositories that are locked to only people that have specific subscriptions?

[QUOTE=acastaneda32;36148]Thanks for the reply.

1. So the repositories that are available are connected to the subscriptions that are available to me?
  2. Are there repositories that are locked to only people that have specific subscriptions?[/QUOTE]
    Hi
    Yes to both questions… some are modules are free (just need to subscribe eg SLE SDK), some require a specific subscription, for example the workstation extension, but in the SUSEConnect info you can subscribe with a registration code (subscription) if needed.