I just got hit by some issues when installing sles to iscsi LUN.
Main issue is that sle sp2 driver does not support latest emulex
here’s how I managed to install sles11 SP2:
- Start sles install with withiscsi=1
- Configure Emulex be2net port with storage network ip
- On iscsi target configuration, remove offloaded connections and add
- On first boot, you have to prevent be2iscsi loading. I edited grub
command line and added invalid module parameter be2iscsi.blacklist=1.
This prevent be2module from loading and I can finalize installation.
- On running system, compile and install newest drivers from HP. Driver
installation will create new initrd images with newer drivers and system
will boot fine.
And notice also that:
Hp iSCSI drivers does not support libiscsi, so all emulex connections
have to be managed with emulex ocmanager.