SMT SP2 is broken, how to re-install?

I managed to mangle SMT SP2, by not following instructions and not installing SMT SP2 correctly. So now when I try to mirror I get “files are up to date” on most repos but the following otherwise:

Mirroring: https://nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE/SLES11-SP3-Extension-Store/sle-11-x86_64/ Target: /SUSE-software/repo/$RCE/SLES11-SP3-Extension-Store/sle-11-x86_64 D /SUSE-software/repo/$RCE/SLES11-SP3-Extension-Store/sle-11-x86_64/.repodata/repomd.xml DBD::mysql::db selectall_hashref failed: Unknown column 'checksum_type' in 'field list' at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0/SMT/Mirror/RpmMd.pm line 655. DBD::mysql::db selectall_hashref failed: Unknown column 'checksum_type' in 'field list' at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0/SMT/Mirror/RpmMd.pm line 655.

It kinda makes sense since i did a # zypper update smt which broke with DBD::mysql::db do failed: Can’t DROP ‘CATALOG_ID’; check that column/key exists at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0/DBIx/Transaction/db.pm line 135. My badness. :frowning:

I do not have a backup of the MySQL prior to the attempt to update to SMT SP2. Double-bad, yes, I know.

So. Does anyone have a suggestion about how I fix or re-install SMT SP2?

thanks in advance.

Hi jalmda,

So. Does anyone have a suggestion about how I fix or re-install SMT SP2?

while I haven’t had to do so yet, uninstalling SMT, dropping the MySQL database (if not done so by the SMT uninstall) and re-installing SMT might be worth a try…

SP3 (for both SLES and SMT) is out for quite some time by now, maybe this is a good time to upgrade?

Regards,
Jens