Snapshot is failing Longhorn PVs

Hi,

I have created following setup
Rancher 2.6
K8 Cluster 1.18.x
Longhorn 1.2.4

Here I have am trying to create a snapshot however still it is failing.
Error after doing snapshot describe:
Message: Failed to check and update snapshot content: failed to take snapshot of the volume, pvc-de1754b6-c883-41fe-bc3e-16e78ed3557d: “timestamp: nil Timestamp”

Error after doing snapshot content describe:
Failed to check and update snapshot content: failed to take snapshot of the volume, pvc-de1754b6-c883-41fe-bc3e-16e78ed3557d: “timestamp: nil Timestamp”

Related to the issue [BUG] Longhorn CSI prints out many error logs during the CSI backup · Issue #3392 · longhorn/longhorn · GitHub

Are you sure that you are on Longhorn 1.2.4? We have fixed this issue in v1.2.4. Could you double check if you are fully upgraded to Longhorn v1.2.4?

Yes I have installed 1.2.4. I have installed new Longhorn v1.2.4 I have not upgraded the Longhorn.

[root@dl380g10-119v90 kubestr]# ./kubestr csicheck -s longhorn -v jjlonghorn
Creating application
→ Created pod (kubestr-csi-original-podjg6w2) and pvc (kubestr-csi-original-pvc7vwzc)
Taking a snapshot
Cleaning up resources
CSI checker test:
Failed to create Snapshot: CSI Driver failed to create snapshot for PVC (kubestr-csi-original-pvc7vwzc) in Namespace (default): Failed to check and update snapshot content: failed to take snapshot of the volume, pvc-1e924734-a406-4c18-820b-cadced0c1d63: “timestamp: nil Timestamp” - Error
Error: Failed to create Snapshot: CSI Driver failed to create snapshot for PVC (kubestr-csi-original-pvc7vwzc) in Namespace (default): Failed to check and update snapshot content: failed to take snapshot of the volume, pvc-1e924734-a406-4c18-820b-cadced0c1d63: “timestamp: nil Timestamp”

Based on the GitHub ticket above, this issue should be fixed and verified for normal cases. Can you provide the support bundle so that we can check if there is anything weird?

Please let m know, where should I found the support bundle on system. Or give command to create same.

You can generate one via the button in the bottom left of the Longhorn UI, then send it to Longhorn Support Bundle longhorn-support-bundle@Suse.com.

Hi Shuo-wu,

As per your request I have sent the Support Bundle to support team longhorn-support-bundle@Suse.com.

Thanks,
Jickriya

Hi @Jickriya ,

It seems that the volume pvc-de1754b6-c883-41fe-bc3e-16e78ed3557d: is not in attached state which might lead to the error. Can you try to attach that volume to see if it fix the issue?