SP1 Missing packages in SUSE Package Hub?

Hi,

I’ve noticed that some quite important packages seem to be missing in the SP1 SUSE Package Hub repository. For example the Okular package (from the same repository) has a dependency on libpoppler-qt5.so.1, which is in package libpoppler-qt5-1, which is not included in the repository (a search in the SUSE Customer Center also reports the package missing). There are several more packages like sddm-theme-SLE or the packages containing the Plasma 5 SUSE theme. Some of these cause broken dependencies when installing SLE 15 SP1.

Has anyone got an idea why this may be the case? All of the packages are including in the 15 GA Package Hub and everything works fine after having manually downloaded them from the SCC and installed.

[QUOTE=susedio;58642]Hi,

I’ve noticed that some quite important packages seem to be missing in the SP1 SUSE Package Hub repository. For example the Okular package (from the same repository) has a dependency on libpoppler-qt5.so.1, which is in package libpoppler-qt5-1, which is not included in the repository (a search in the SUSE Customer Center also reports the package missing). There are several more packages like sddm-theme-SLE or the packages containing the Plasma 5 SUSE theme. Some of these cause broken dependencies when installing SLE 15 SP1.

Has anyone got an idea why this may be the case? All of the packages are including in the 15 GA Package Hub and everything works fine after having manually downloaded them from the SCC and installed.[/QUOTE]
Hi and welcome to the Forum :slight_smile:
Did you add the SUSE Package Hub product via SCCConnect so it adds all the necessary components?

I see the library is present: https://packagehub.suse.com/packages/poppler-qt5/

If there are packages missing then I would suggest a Support Request to get it added.

[QUOTE=malcolmlewis;58643]Hi and welcome to the Forum :slight_smile:
Did you add the SUSE Package Hub product via SCCConnect so it adds all the necessary components?

I see the library is present: https://packagehub.suse.com/packages/poppler-qt5/

If there are packages missing then I would suggest a Support Request to get it added.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your reply.

The package indeed is in the Package Hub, but as you can see there is no version for 15 SP1, which I find strange considering Okular has a package for 15 SP1 built against it.

I can’t open a Support Request because I’m using a free developer license (for personal non-commercial use). I therefore don’t actually care that much about this, I only wanted to point out that this is probably an error in the repository.

I looked into openSUSE:Backports:SLE-15-SP1 and the package are also missing from there.

When branching them from Leap and (in the case of plasma5-SLE) openSUSE:Backports:SLE-15 they work fine, so it seems like they were removed from the repo by mistake.

[QUOTE=susedio;58679]I looked into openSUSE:Backports:SLE-15-SP1 and the package are also missing from there.

When branching them from Leap and (in the case of plasma5-SLE) openSUSE:Backports:SLE-15 they work fine, so it seems like they were removed from the repo by mistake.[/QUOTE]
Hi
I’ve pinged one of my SUSE Package Hub contacts, lets see if can get it resolved for you :wink:

Thank you for your help, Malcolm.

Although the problem seems to affect only a few packages, it causes (at least for me) an dependency error in the SLE installer when choosing the KDE pattern (with SLES + SLEWE and Server, Basesystem, Desktop, Package Hub), which is not very nice. (The problem disappears when adding the repo with the branched packages.)

Hi
A fix is in progress, not sure of a timeline though.

[QUOTE=susedio;58679]I looked into openSUSE:Backports:SLE-15-SP1 and the package are also missing from there.

When branching them from Leap and (in the case of plasma5-SLE) openSUSE:Backports:SLE-15 they work fine, so it seems like they were removed from the repo by mistake.[/QUOTE]

There is a bug for this: bsc#1154410

Unfortunately, there is no official engineering support for Packagehub, so this may take a wee bit of time to get fixed.

Thanks
Hans