Digest verification errors for Package Hub on system install

Hi,

During SLED 15 installation my ethernet cable popped out for a minute and I didn’t realize this after I had skipped the installation of a few packages (as it gave the usual error message when it couldn’t download the package it wanted and I kept selecting “Skip”) as they couldn’t be downloaded. The installation of SLED 15 otherwise went without issue. Since the installation whenever I run:

zypper dup

I get:

Warning: You are about to do a distribution upgrade with all enabled repositories. Make sure these repositories are compatible before you continue. See 'man zypper' for more information about this command.
Refreshing service 'Basesystem_Module_15_x86_64'.
Refreshing service 'Desktop_Applications_Module_15_x86_64'.
Refreshing service 'Development_Tools_Module_15_x86_64'.
Refreshing service 'SUSE_Linux_Enterprise_Desktop_15_x86_64'.
Refreshing service 'SUSE_Linux_Enterprise_Workstation_Extension_15_x86_64'.
Refreshing service 'SUSE_Package_Hub_15_x86_64'.
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
Computing distribution upgrade...

The following 2 packages are going to be upgraded:
  vim vim-data

The following 12 packages are going to be reinstalled:
  gnome-icon-theme-extras gnome-icon-theme-symbolic nautilus-sendto-lang notification-daemon-lang parallel-printer-support poppler-data python-cloudfiles python3-ndg-httpsclient seahorse-nautilus-lang sushi-lang urlscan xorg-scripts

The following 2 packages are going to change vendor:
  vim       SUSE LLC <https://www.suse.com/> -> obs://build.opensuse.org/home:fusion809
  vim-data  SUSE LLC <https://www.suse.com/> -> obs://build.opensuse.org/home:fusion809

The following 14 packages have no support information from their vendor:
  gnome-icon-theme-extras gnome-icon-theme-symbolic nautilus-sendto-lang notification-daemon-lang parallel-printer-support poppler-data python-cloudfiles python3-ndg-httpsclient seahorse-nautilus-lang sushi-lang urlscan vim vim-data xorg-scripts

2 packages to upgrade, 12 to reinstall, 2  to change vendor.
Overall download size: 10.1 MiB. Already cached: 0 B. After the operation, additional 1.4 MiB will be used.
Continue? [y/n/...? shows all options] (y): y
Retrieving package gnome-icon-theme-extras-3.12.0-1.1.noarch                                                                                                                                                                    (1/14), 847.2 KiB (917.7 KiB unpacked)
Retrieving: gnome-icon-theme-extras-3.12.0-1.1.noarch.rpm ......................................................................................................................................................................................................[done]

Warning: Digest verification failed for file 'gnome-icon-theme-extras-3.12.0-1.1.noarch.rpm'
[/var/cache/zypp/packages/SUSE_Package_Hub_15_x86_64:SUSE-PackageHub-15/noarch_SP0/gnome-icon-theme-extras-3.12.0-1.1.noarch.rpm]

expected 30d89d6bde938786238110692ab977cdca7390117b54ce0a528786707ba5568a
  but got  aa295a602c1fe64a140d324134211c64fb47447294472b448396753862856580

Accepting packages with wrong checksums can lead to a corrupted system and in extreme cases even to a system compromise.

However if you made certain that the file with checksum 'aa29..' is secure, correct
and should be used within this operation, enter the first 4 characters of the checksum
to unblock using this file on your own risk. Empty input will discard the file.

Unblock or discard? [aa29/...? shows all options] (discard):

(where the vim package upgrades were only with the last time I ran this command and they’re due to me adding my own OBS repo, other times it was just like this, but without the Vim vendor change). Note how digest verification errors occur. If I choose to unblock each package and install them they’re installed, but then the next time I run zypper dup I get the exact same result, it asks me to reinstall these packages with digest verification errors. This is getting irritating, please tell me there’s a way to fix this permanently.

Thanks for your time and patience,
Brenton

Hi
There is no need to run dup (for service pack upgrade we use zypper
migration), just use up… dup to switch repos.

I would remove package hub/re-add or re-import the key…

Also sometimes there can be a delay in packages getting mirrored out,
wait a we while and try again.

Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
SLES 15 | GNOME Shell 3.26.2 | 4.12.14-23-default
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below… Thanks!

How do I do that, re-adding Package Hub, that is? I removed the three Package Hub repos with zypper. Then I looked up Package Hub repo in the hope I’d have a nice zypper ar … command but I found https://packagehub.suse.com/. I followed the “More…” link to https://packagehub.suse.com/how-to-use/ and I went for the only command-line option I saw, “Enabling with SUSEConnect”, so I ran:

SUSEConnect -p PackageHub/15.0/x86_64

and it seems I’m back to where I was before with these packages with digest verification errors.

Hi
Yes, it would appear something is out of sync, could be a rebuild
happening, see how it is tomorrow and if keeps happening will ping my
SUSE contacts to see what may be up with PackageHub.

Hi!

The problem persists. I tried two fresh server setups in the last few hours.
Both failed with digest verification errors.

Christian

Getting the same errors on multiple packages on a fresh CD - Repo Install. Trying to install the X-sever version rather than the minimal install that the CD alone provides.

Wish they would they would create a DVD with everything in it as before. That and make the install work with SUSE Manager as the registration server.

Hi All
Should be all fixed now… enjoy :wink:

Hi all,

Package Hub developer here. We have a problem with noarch packages which we are still figuring out on fixing, but for now it’s perfectly safe to ignore the checksum errors.

Thanks,
Ismail Dönmez

This is now fixed, thanks for your patience!