Starting container/service with specific IP

Hi,

I’m new with rancher so maybe the answer to my question has been already answered somewhere, but I didn’t found it, so here it is.

I want to start a container with specific service, but I need this service to be reachable all the time from outside world no matter on which rancher host the service is running on. I’m looking for a rancher based solution which under “no rancher/container” condition would be solved by cluster ware with two resources (service and IP address) floating between cluster nodes. With other words, I want reach rancher service from rancher not aware client all the time.

I hope, my problem description is clear enough. If not, let me know and I will try to explain it better.

Thanks for any suggestions

martin

+1 for this… I have the same situation.

If there is an exposed port on your service, then you could look into running an external DNS solution.

Here’s an example using Route53 in AWS http://docs.rancher.com/rancher/v1.2/en/cattle/external-dns-service/

but in our community catalog, they have added many other providers that would do the same concept.