Stuck in NotReady Status

Hi folks,

I’m installing harvester v0.2.0 on HPE Proliant DL360G7 Servers. After the installation the Head Node seems to be stuck on NotReady as it’s Current Status. Does anyone know where I can find logs or any info on why it could be stuck? Any workarounds?

Thanks in advanced.

Is it really stuck? I had the same on the Harvester console however the GUI just works in a browser and seems all working fine.

It’s strange, on one install it will sit at “NotReady” with no access to the gui, in another instance it will say “Ready” but the management URL is “Unavailable” despite using DHCP or Static IPs (v0.2.0). The only nodes that seem to come up with no issue are the worker nodes, this is only an issue I’m finding in the head node.

Okay so lessons learned: Even when it says “NotReady” log into the gui anyway. It still seems to allow you to access the gui. Upon reaching the GUI, it will present you with a Username and Password login field; while this is up, keep an eye on the server screen as it will switch to “Ready”. At that point you can refresh the page and you’ll be presented with the “change admin password” page, and from there you’ll be able to access Harvester’s UI and add nodes with no issue.

Hello

I have the same issue, how can I know which IP I can use to use the GUI?
Thanks!

I’m in a similar situation. I’m trying to install Harvester v1.1.

I created a node initial as management node. Everything installed and set up great.

For the second node I selected ‘join a cluster’ during installation. This node is stuck at ‘NotReady’.
This node is showing:
Harvester Cluster

• Management URL: Unavailable
    Node
    -Hostname: harvester02 (correct)
    -IP Address: 10.10.40.12 (correct)

I can access the 10.10.40.12 and get the login gui. I am not able to log in nor am I prompted to change the password.

When viewing the Cluster Management gui on the first node, only the first node is listed, it seems the 2nd node has not joined the cluster.

Where do I get logs or even start my debugging?

1 Like

Did you ever get any answers for this? I’m on bare metal installs on Cisco UCS C-series servers and I cannot get the second node to do anything. Stays in Not Ready status, both. I can’t even access the node IP and it doesn’t show up in the Harvester management GUI. The status from the journalctl command is stating 502 bad gateway, is this due to the VIP being DHCP? Do I need to reinstall the Management node and choose static?

You might be better posting this as a new thread. However to answer your comment about DHCP - only use DHCP for either the node and/or VIP IP addresses if you can guarantee that the same IP address will be handed out. Otherwise you’re going to have trouble.