Trash not clean properly when delete 200GB++ files

Hi all,
I want to ask, I use SLES12SP3, and have a partition name : /hana/shared/ I have a folder inside it with huge file, arround 200GB++ (consist of small files 100MB / 200MB, there’s hundreds files), I’ve manage to delete the file from the folder,
but when to check the space df -h
the use space still 100% it doesnt reduce anything…
I already ‘empty trash’ several times, tried to restart server… no effect.
when I emptry trash I wait for 15 minutes, and it doesnt move anything…

if i check from terminal, I saw the files is still in .trash folder…
I tried to force delete it by command : rm -rf filename one by one it finally can delete & clear up space.

My Question, why the trash function not auto delete permanently ? how to auto delete if i want to remove the files wihtout go to trash ?

Thanks & Regards,

Hendra

[QUOTE=hendra_p;59642]Hi all,
I want to ask, I use SLES12SP3, and have a partition name : /hana/shared/ I have a folder inside it with huge file, arround 200GB++ (consist of small files 100MB / 200MB, there’s hundreds files), I’ve manage to delete the file from the folder,
but when to check the space df -h
the use space still 100% it doesnt reduce anything…
I already ‘empty trash’ several times, tried to restart server… no effect.
when I emptry trash I wait for 15 minutes, and it doesnt move anything…

if i check from terminal, I saw the files is still in .trash folder…
I tried to force delete it by command : rm -rf filename one by one it finally can delete & clear up space.

My Question, why the trash function not auto delete permanently ? how to auto delete if i want to remove the files wihtout go to trash ?

Thanks & Regards,

Hendra[/QUOTE]
Hi and welcome to the Forum :slight_smile:
What filesystem is in use for /hana/shared? You using a desktop on this system?

Hi, me too had the same issue, the problem was in my virtualization in VMWare, each copy of any files in virtual pc, first saved temporarily in the route of the VMWare tools then copy files in the route selected by your self. I solved the problem with help the app bleachbit. Regards.

Check your privacy preferences in gnome settings:
https://help.gnome.org/users/gnome-help/stable/privacy-purge.html.en