Unable to deploy from private registry

Hello,
I deployed RKE2 following the instructions and everything appears to be up and running. After deploying I added the registry to each worker at /etc/rancher/rke2/registries.yaml. However I am unable to pull anything from my private registry into the cluster. I have validated I can pull from the docker registry using the docker CLI from another machine but when attempting to pull from the rancher agent using containerd I see the following:
WARN[0000] image connect using default endpoints: [unix:///var/run/dockershim.sock unix:///run/containerd/containerd.sock unix:///run/crio/crio.sock unix:///var/run/cri-dockerd.sock]. As the default settings are now deprecated, you should set the endpoint instead.
ERRO[0000] unable to determine image API version: rpc error: code = Unavailable desc = connection error: desc = “transport: Error while dialing dial unix /var/run/dockershim.sock: connect: no such file or directory”
ERRO[0000] unable to determine image API version: rpc error: code = Unavailable desc = connection error: desc = “transport: Error while dialing dial unix /run/containerd/containerd.sock: connect: no such file or directory”
ERRO[0000] unable to determine image API version: rpc error: code = Unavailable desc = connection error: desc = “transport: Error while dialing dial unix /run/crio/crio.sock: connect: no such file or directory”
ERRO[0000] unable to determine image API version: rpc error: code = Unavailable desc = connection error: desc = “transport: Error while dialing dial unix /var/run/cri-dockerd.sock: connect: no such file or directory”
FATA[0000] unable to determine image API version: rpc error: code = Unavailable desc = connection error: desc = “transport: Error while dialing dial unix /var/run/cri-dockerd.sock: connect: no such file or directory”

Am I missing something silly or is there anything to check as to why my RKE2 agents dont seem to be able to pull from this registy?

Thanks