Update auf SLES12 SP3 zeigt keinen Desktop

Hallo,
ich habe hier eine VM welche bisher auf SuSE SLES 11 SP4 lief und die ich jetzt auf SLES 12 SP3 upgedatet habe. Soweit alles gut nur nachdem das System gestartet wurde sehe ich in der RemoteKonsole keinen Desktop , nur schwarz.
Die RC funktioniert, da ich hier auch den Startvorgang sehen kann. Nach der Anzeige des SuSE Loader , s.Anhang, bekomme ich eben nur kein LoginScreen sondern nur schwarz angezeigt.
Woran könnte das liegen und wie kann ich das Problem beheben ?

Gruß
Chris

Hi
These are primarily English forums… google translate says;

How did you update the system? What Hypervisor are you using for this VM?

Do you get to grub for booting, is so can you edit (press e) and disable plymouth from running via the option;

plymouth.enable=0

If not can you ssh onto the system?

Thank you for your hint.
I have updated the Linux on the SLES11 SLES11 SLES machine and booted with an ISO and then upgraded the system via the upgrade selection.
Has always worked without problems.
I also get on ssh without problems and can run yast2 from there.
Yes, I use Grub to boot the system.

greeting
Chris

I tried to boot with the grub command “Plymouth.enable=0” but it doesn’t work.
This are the grub lines:

And after the starting I get this lines in the RemoteConsole:

[QUOTE=ChMueller;51129]I tried to boot with the grub command “Plymouth.enable=0” but it doesn’t work.
This are the grub lines:

And after the starting I get this lines in the RemoteConsole:

[/QUOTE]
Hi
So if you login to maintenance mode and look at the journal, anything of interest? You might need to run a filesystem check (fsck) on the vm partitions.

I’m so sorry but there are nothing of interest in the logs and journals. I tried to make an online update but nothing better. Then I tried to reinstall the KDE Desktop of SLES, also nothing better.
It looks that I would life with the last on the ssh shell. :slight_smile:
I got no picture into the RemoteConsole, only the “blackHell”. :slight_smile:

OK I have the problem. If I enter “startx” on an commandline over ssh it shows the Desktop correct.
Now I must look to set the “startx” automatic at the boot phase. Who can I do that ?

regards
Chris

[QUOTE=ChMueller;51164]OK I have the problem. If I enter “startx” on an commandline over ssh it shows the Desktop correct.
Now I must look to set the “startx” automatic at the boot phase. Who can I do that ?

regards
Chris[/QUOTE]
Hi
If you add the grub boot option nomodeset, does that help?