VNC Configuration file ?

Does anyone know where SUSE moved the VNC configuration file ?

It was /etc/xinetd.d/vnc in SUSE 12, in SUSE 15 /etc/xinetd.d doesn’t even exist.
Did a search for vnc in /etc and only found a folder called vnc with a tls cert and key in it and a vnc file in pam.d.

thanks

[QUOTE=cisaksen;58417]Does anyone know where SUSE moved the VNC configuration file ?

It was /etc/xinetd.d/vnc in SUSE 12, in SUSE 15 /etc/xinetd.d doesn’t even exist.
Did a search for vnc in /etc and only found a folder called vnc with a tls cert and key in it and a vnc file in pam.d.

thanks[/QUOTE]
Hi
Likely a systemd service now :wink:

Did you follow this document? https://www.suse.com/documentation/sles-15/book_sle_admin/data/cha_vnc.html

I see this one as well? https://www.server-world.info/en/note?os=SUSE_Linux_Enterprise_15&p=desktop&f=4

Yes and neither helps find this file. This file used to have the session configuration information, screen resolution etc… for each VNC session allowed. I’m guessing that it has either moved to a new location outside /etc (doesn’t make sense to do this), or it was renamed, or moved into another file. Maybe I’ll open a case.

If it is a systemd service -I’m really starting to hate it. Not everything has to move to systemd. It’s not the answer to everything and it never should have been. Already running into problems with other applications that do not run well under systemd and ran fine as an init.d service. Sorry just venting a little.

After some more digging I found this in the /usr/lib/systemd/system/Xvnc@.service file.

[Unit]
Description=Xvnc Server

[Service]
ExecStart=/usr/lib/vnc/with-vnc-key.sh /usr/bin/Xvnc -noreset -inetd -once -query localhost -geometry 1024x768 -securitytypes X509None,None -X509Key /etc/vnc/tls.key -X509Cert /etc/vnc/tls.cert -log *:syslog:30 -extension MIT-SHM
User=vnc
StandardInput=socket
StandardOutput=socket
StandardError=syslog

So it seems that it is now a systemd service and instead of having a single service support multiple sessions. You now have to have multiple services to support each session.
How is this better than it was before ?