Weird behaviour of schedulePackageInstall

Hi all.
I want to schedule a packages update via a ruby script.
I am able to make suse manager api call and set the packages schedule with schedulePackageInstall.
The weird behaviour is that when I set the schedule by script, this action is scheduled twice for the same system.
For example , I want to update openldap through my script and when I call schedulePackageInstall, with the package id, suse manager schedule the operation twice
and with the same package.
And because of that the values returned from schedulePackageInstall is not only a single value, but a couple of values because the operation have been scheduled twice.
Anyone has any idea about why?

That’s hard to answer without seeing the sourcecode. Can you share the code, maybe via e.g. pastebin.com ?

Hey kwk,
unfortunately I can’t use pastebin because is blocked.
I paste the code here because is only 3 line of code

def make_call(upgradetime)
actions_id = @api.call(‘system.schedulePackageInstall’, @key, 1000010183, 34744, Time.iso8601(upgradetime))
actions_id
end

I guess that the code is quite self-explanatory.
So I am set a schedulePackageInstall action where @key is the session to suse manager, 1000010183 is the system_id, 34744 is the package id and with Time.iso8601(upgradetime) I am just sure that
I passed the time as iso8601…
This method return the actions id from schedulePackageInstall.
Again, the problem is that the package schedule action is done twice.
Any idea about??

[QUOTE=marcodv;30468]
Again, the problem is that the package schedule action is done twice.
Any idea about??[/QUOTE]

Uhm, no, sorry.

You could check /var/log/rhn/rhn_server_xmlrpc.log which logs the API calls. Maybe you have a script error and schedulePackageInstall is indeed called twice.

Else you’ll need to open a support call and have the engineering team take a look at this problem.