What is the best way to see who is logged in ?

In the good old days w and who would show everyone who was logged in. Right now as root if I type w or who I only see myself. Yet I run netstat -t and I can clearly see a user logged in via ssh. Catch is I don’t know who it is. I tried several of the flags all return the same result.

Has another package replaced the who & w functionality (like everything else these days) in the new builds or is there another package better suited to see all logged in users?

Thanks

[QUOTE=cisaksen;58167]In the good old days w and who would show everyone who was logged in. Right now as root if I type w or who I only see myself. Yet I run netstat -t and I can clearly see a user logged in via ssh. Catch is I don’t know who it is. I tried several of the flags all return the same result.

Has another package replaced the who & w functionality (like everything else these days) in the new builds or is there another package better suited to see all logged in users?

Thanks[/QUOTE]
Hi
Loginctl will show the user/session/UID :wink:

Thanks I’ll give it a try. Though I like how systemd is breaking the very thing that made unix\linux a good OS to begin with: Do 1 thing and do it well. Not the systemd way of do everything and not as well. Just my opinion.