xrdp |<> don't work

Hello,

I connecting from a Windows7 client via xrdp to a SLES.
I have the problem, that I can’t use the pipe, greater/less than keys.

If I use the VmWare-Console I can use that symbols.

What can I do to solve this?

Regards
Christian

push

shh works
vnc works
vmware console works

xrdp doesn’t

Hi Christian,

from what I read, Xrdp assumes an English keyboard. I’ve found the following page describing that you’ll have to create your own keyboard mapping and activate that inside the Xrdp session:

http://c-nergy.be/blog/?p=3858

I have no experience with Xrdp, so I cannot tell if this works and how much time you’ll have to spend on this.

Regards,
Jens

Hi Jens,

thank you for your help.

But this link is for Ubuntu and I use Suse Linux Enterprise Server 11.3
So, I don’t find this km-0407.ini file :frowning:

Best regards
Christian

Hi Christian,

[QUOTE=christianmolecki;19252]Hi Jens,

thank you for your help.

But this link is for Ubuntu and I use Suse Linux Enterprise Server 11.3
So, I don’t find this km-0407.ini file :([/QUOTE]

while there’s indeed no keymap file distributed with the SLES RPM, the referenced article provides a link to the repository of precreated files in the “Final Notes” section:

Following that link, I can easily see the km-0407.ini file, amongst several other…

Regards,
Jens

I copied the km-0407.ini file to /etc/xrdp.
After a restart, the keyboar layout ist totaly destryed. The numers dont’t work and every letter is not correct.

But pipe works (I think on key: k)

Hi Christian,

I’m sorry to hear it’s not working for you out of the box - maybe it has to do with version differences, maybe it’s something completely different.

From what I’ve read in that blog article, it gives you a description on how to create a proper mapping file. It sounded like quite some work, but doable. If you’d like assistance from the SLES team, the best way seems to be opening a service request - this forum is run by volunteers only.

If you decide to create your own mapping file, you should consider submitting it to the xrdp team, either directly or but putting in only somewhere (i.e. your own blog, if you have one, or uploading it here) and sending them the link.

Regards,
Jens

[QUOTE=christianmolecki;19154]Hello,

I connecting from a Windows7 client via xrdp to a SLES.
I have the problem, that I can’t use the pipe, greater/less than keys.

If I use the VmWare-Console I can use that symbols.

What can I do to solve this?

Regards
Christian[/QUOTE]

Have the same Problem since SLES11SP1 until today. Google is full of threads regarding this Problem, but isnt there an easier way to do this? Does anyone have a german Keyboard layout file that works? It is just this one key that simply does not work.