502 Bad Gateway In Air-Gapped Environment

I am trying to setup rancher on an air-gapped system an I just keep getting stuck. I have followed the steps outlined for this use case in the documentation and besides the fact that the “rancher-images.txt” seems to be out of date with the latest helm chart everything seemed to be fine. Everything seems to be OK but when I go to one of the address of the nodes I get a “502 Bad Gateway”. I also see that the certificate is the “Kubernetes Ingress Controller Fake Certificate”.

To make things worst when I try to go through the load balancer I get the error:

connect() failed (113: No route to host)

I ran the overlay test that was given in the rancher docs and passed, so I believe the overlay network is working.

The one thing that seems strange is I see references to rancher-agent and rancher-cluster-agent but I don’t have either of those. Otherwise all of the troubleshooting steps listed in the troubleshooting sections seem to be ok.

I’ve been banging my head on this for 2 weeks so if anyone has a suggestion I would greatly appreciate it.

1 Like