ansible need python-paramiko?

Hello,

would like to install ansible with SLES12 SP3. But zypper say that I need package python-paramiko, but this package is not in my Repository. How can I install ansible?

smt1:~ # zypper in ansible
Dienst 'Advanced_Systems_Management_Module_12_x86_64' wird aktualisiert.
Dienst 'SUSE_Linux_Enterprise_Server_12_SP3_x86_64' wird aktualisiert.
Dienst 'SUSE_Package_Hub_12_SP3_x86_64' wird aktualisiert.
Dienst 'Web_and_Scripting_Module_12_x86_64' wird aktualisiert.
Metadaten von Repository 'SLE-Module-Adv-Systems-Management12-Updates' abrufen ...........................................................................................................................[fertig]
Cache für Repository 'SLE-Module-Adv-Systems-Management12-Updates' erzeugen ..............................................................................................................................[fertig]
Repository-Daten werden geladen...
Installierte Pakete werden gelesen...
Paketabhängigkeiten werden aufgelöst...

Problem: python-paramiko benötigt von ansible-2.4.1.0-6.1.noarch wird nirgends zur Verfügung gestellt
 Lösung 1: ansible-2.4.1.0-6.1.noarch nicht installieren
 Lösung 2: ansible-2.4.1.0-6.1.noarch durch Ignorieren einiger Abhängigkeiten brechen

Wählen Sie aus den obigen Lösungen mittels Nummer oder brechen Sie (a)b [1/2/a] (a): 
smt1:~ # 

Thx for help & tipps
Ronald

Hi and welcome to the Forum :slight_smile:
You would need to ask the package maintainers to build and push to backports…
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/devel%3Alanguages%3Apython/python-paramiko

For SLE 12 SP3 you could download/install direct from;
https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:/languages:/python/SLE_12_SP3/

Hi Ronald!

[QUOTE=ronaldhafer;50635]Hello,

would like to install ansible with SLES12 SP3. But zypper say that I need package python-paramiko, but this package is not in my Repository. How can I install ansible?

Thx for help & tipps
Ronald[/QUOTE]

The python-paramiko package (and a few other required packages) is provided by the Public Cloud Module. Enable that module and then the required python packages will be installed.

-Scott

Thx malcolmlewis,

I wanted to add the whole python repository to my local repo-server because I need several packages of it but I will first test Scott´s solution and if that worked all is good :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=sbahling;50654]Hi Ronald!

The python-paramiko package (and a few other required packages) is provided by the Public Cloud Module. Enable that module and then the required python packages will be installed.

-Scott[/QUOTE]

Oh thx sbahling, I will add the repository to my smt-server with:

SUSEConnect -p sle-module-public-cloud/12/x86_64

I’ll get back to you

Thx & Regards
Ronald

All perfect :slight_smile: It is quite simple if you know in which repo which packages are included. Big thanks to Scott.

After adding the sle-module-public-cloud repository I could install ansible with:

zypper in ansible

the problem is solved :slight_smile: